Lever Action Shock REplacement

Guest 51 Special

Guest 51 Special

I need to replace the front lever actions shocks on my 51 Buick Special because they leak. Has anyone ever attempted a project like this? Are there any special precautions that need to be addressed? Does the spring have to be compressed? Any assistance you can provide me would be appreciated.

Guest 51 Special

DO I need to do anything special to take them off so they can be rebuilt? Does the spring have to be compressed?

Guest 51 Special

I'm sold on using Five Points as long as I can figure out how to get mine off without doing any damage or injuring myself.

Guest 51 Special

No I don't have a shop manual and I would really appreciate it if you could post the required pages. I can't thank you enough.

Guest 51 Special

No I don't have a shop manual and I would really appreciate it if you could post the required pages. I can't thank you enough

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 51 Special

I want to thank everyone who replied to my thread. I took your advice and purchased a set of replacement front shocks from Five Points in Santa Ana CA. Mathew was great. He walked me through the process and I was able to install the shocks myself. I won't try to kid you by saying it was quite a project, but it's done. FIve Points is definitely the way to go and he's cheaper than Kanter, Cars Inc, etc.