wiper transmission-1936 buick

rlcokc

Guest 38cadillacjack

i believe these are the same as my 35 pontiac,i have some extra parts,if you can post pics of what you need i can look.also have a freind with 3 36 buicks,not sure of series he may have something also.he is looking for a hood ornament and bumpers.pm me if i can help.good luck

attached photos to show exactly what I need. The break is just below the gears which fits in wiper transmission. This is from Model 40 but I would hope that GM from same year would fit. Any hlep would be appreciated. Thanks

Rod

post-32309-143138515078_thumb.jpg

post-32309-143138515111_thumb.jpg

Need wiper transmisssion for 1936 model 40 buick. Would assume same as bigger series. Don't need the chrome portion but need the extensions to wiper motor. Broke one when installing. Thanks

Rod

Just looking @ the pic's, could you not weld this part back together ? If the gear is a casting, could you not braze it ?

Mike

:confused::confused::confused:

I can't-my welding skills not great. I plan to take and see but my experience with pot metal is that welding doesn't work and this is a moving part which will take some strain. I do have someone local who purports to weld pot metal and I have two of these which are broken and it is my intention to take and see if he can fix altho for my vehicle I would much prefer one which has not been welded so I can trust its' strength.

Rod

I can't-my welding skills not great. I plan to take and see but my experience with pot metal is that welding doesn't work and this is a moving part which will take some strain. I do have someone local who purports to weld pot metal and I have two of these which are broken and it is my intention to take and see if he can fix altho for my vehicle I would much prefer one which has not been welded so I can trust its' strength.

Rod

Boy, that gear looks to be a good candidate for stainless steel investment casting. I wonder how many others out there would be interested in a high strength replacement ?

Mike in Colorado

:confused::confused::confused:

That would be great idea--should be interchangeable with most GM altho not sure for years other than 36

Rod

Rod,

Would you consider sending me the broken part ? I have a couple of ideas on how to duplicate it.

Question; is it "common" to both sides of the windshield ? If so they could be sold in pairs, and help amortize the tooling costs.

E-mail me @ pmpmrs@amigo.net w/ your contact info please.

Best Regards,

Mike in Colorado

BCA#45728

AACA#994416

:cool:

Guest rgwinn1

Guys-

I am new at this forum, so please excuse if not done correctly.

I have a 1927 Buick Model 27 Standard sedan- and need several things to complete restoration:

- intake and exhaust manifold

- rear bumper

- brackets ( attachments ) for rear bumper.

Huge thanks in advance for any help or referrals !!

regards,

Rick Gwinn

Buick Club

Marmon Club

Chevrolet Club

Edited by rgwinn1
forgot to add email- richard.gwinn@comcast.net (see edit history)

38CadillacJack

Sorry-I did not get email with photos of wipers. If you could resend I would appreciate it-don't know what happened. Send to cookr@oge.com and/or rlcokc@aol.com. I know I tried to send email to you at harris2u2ranch@yahoo.com on Thursday April 21 and got one message returned and re-sent and believe it went thru. Keep trying if you don't mind and I will respond when I receive. Thanks--I will try to send to your yahoo account as well. Will also post on board.

Rod