Saab..

Guest weaving

Guest weaving

How will it go with Saab Automobile? recently we could read in the newspapers about financial problems, and disruption,

can it be that Saab Automobile is too small automakers, to few cars manufactured.

sad, if Saab disappear as brand

janne sweden:)

GM screwed up that brand, maybe on their own they will be better off

In all fairness GM only screwed it up after it had already been screwed up by the previous holders of the company.

It's tough being a small make in the modern market, not enough volume to underwrite new platforms leading to excessively-long product cycles. I'd hope the brand is valuable enough that someone with the means to properly nurture it will take it over eventually, would be a shame to lose 'em as they make neat cars IMO. :D

Guest Bob Call

If I remember correctly Saab Corporation is the world's oldest stock corporation dating back to the 16th century. I think the automobile division was spun off and sold to GM. The original corp is Saab Aircraft.

Maybe Lief Holmberg in Sweden can give us the real story on Saab.

Edited by Bob Call (see edit history)

If I remember correctly Saab Corporation is the world's oldest stock corporation dating back to the 16th century. I think the automobile division was spun off and sold to GM. The original corp is Saab Aircraft.

Maybe Lief Holmberg in Sweden can give us the real story on Saab.

I think Stora Kopparberg is what you were thinking of.

Wow! They started an aircraft company in the 16th century!? Saab has always been ahead of their time.