Want to Buy: A pair of valve Covers

Guest MikeCS

Guest MikeCS

WTB: A pair of valve covers for 1971 Buick Skylark Custom with 350 cu. in. engine, 2BBL carburetor, Air Conditioning, 3-speed Automatic Transmission, Power Brakes, and Power Steering.

Prefer NOS (New Old Stock), or at least used factory correct originals in good condition and factory correct color.

Make: Buick

Model: Skylark Custom

Year: 1971

Equipment: See above

Location: Hickory, North Carolina (60 miles NNW of Charlotte)

Contact information:

Name: Mike

Phone/Voice Mail: (828) 327-0800

Email/Other: Please respond here first

Mike,

Have you considered having your bead blasted then repaint them in the correct color?

Finding NOS, or painted ones that you can just bolt right on may be difficult, and more than likely the paint isnt going to match, due to age and how they were stored.

Guest MikeCS

Mark

Thanks for your suggestion.

The original valve covers are long gone since a previous owner had an incorrect so-called "restoration" done to the car in which one of the things done was evidently the correct original valve covers were eliminated in favor of incorrect no-name chrome valve covers.

So, as I am trying to correct and make-up for the sins my '71 Skylark has suffered, I must find either NOS or at least used factory correct originals in good condition and correct factory color...If the only correct valve covers available are used factory correct originals in good condition and factory color, but they need to be blasted and repainted, then that's what I'll get done. Note: One of the things already done since I've had my Skylark is engine work, including repainting, so getting the color on valve covers shouldn't be too much of a problem.

MikeCS

Edited by MikeCS
Error of omission (see edit history)

Guest wildcat465

Got any pictures of the chromies? May be interested in them when you find the stockers, if you wish to get rid of them.