Hupp Model 20 Pistons

Guest marc j

Guest marc j

Anyone have an idea on what pistons can be used to replace the model 20's?

Egge wants over $500.00 plus rings for a set.

I can bush the pistons if the pins are too large and they are center lock bolts so no problem there either.

Thanks

Marc

• 1 month later...
Guest jelp

If you state the piston diameter, pin size and compression height you may have more luck here as many members have done similar searches.For these older small bore and large compression height some of the tractor pistons often fit the bill. I needed 6 at 3 3/8 dia and 2inch compression height and was quoted up to $1,600 finally found some Ford tractor pistons at $29.30 each including pins and rings so the seach is well worth it

Guest marc j

I found that the 218 and 231 Dodge 6 cylinder pistons are close but with .060 more compression height. I would still have to bush for the pins. I happen to have a set of .030 over coated for a 231 industrial engine I was building for my 51 Truck. I can shave some off the top to reduce the compressing height and I would think the engine can afford a bit more compression anyway.

I comes down to buying pistons that are are right to start with or spending money on the new pistons, 3/4 inch pins, bushings and the labor it will cost my customer it may all end up the same.

Thanks Marc

Guest jelp

The 3 3/8 piston I used is actually a 3 7/16 ie 60 thou over it´s a Tisco EAE6108F compression height 2.090 pin size .912 I bought them off Ebay from Glemco, good people to deal with. If these are a nonstarter for you let me know as I did quite a lot of research into these 2.0 compression height pistons

• 7 months later...