1941 56C Vacuum Antenna Help

qbansmokr

Can anyone supply me with a picture, image or diagram of what the vacuum antenna should look like for my 56C? I have what I think is the outer shaft and mast on the car but there is no vacuum mechanism anywhere attached to the bottom of the shaft. The vacuum lines are present and work fine when I work the switch, but they are not attached to anything. There is obviously something important missing but I have no idea what I'm looking for. For all I know the antenna has been replaced and it is not the original.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

More on the 1941 Buick (& 1941 Cadillac) vacuum actuated antenna: The vacuum actuator tube is made of copper and has an ID of 1¼". The thickness of the tube is about 0.032". Postwar, GM vacuum antennas used an aluminum tube with a larger ID of about 1-9/16" - - Mostly on Cadillacs thru about 1955. The attached image are of postwar Cadillac antennas.

Grandpa

post-52807-14313849652_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...
More on the 1941 Buick (& 1941 Cadillac) vacuum actuated antenna: The vacuum actuator tube is made of copper and has an ID of 1¼". The thickness of the tube is about 0.032". Postwar, GM vacuum antennas used an aluminum tube with a larger ID of about 1-9/16" - - Mostly on Cadillacs thru about 1955. The attached image are of postwar Cadillac antennas.

Grandpa

Hi Grandpa,

Anderson here, I'm new to the forum. I've read many of your helpful posts-thanks! Hope you don't mind a few questions on the vacuum antenna :)

I see the photos and diameter listed here, but I'm curious about the length of the correct vacuum antenna (retracted and fully extended.) I'm on the seach for one for my '41-76C and just trying to learn as much as I can, so when an opportunity comes up I'll know if its correct or not.

If you have a moment to share, I'd appreciate it.

• 2 years later...