1931 dodge 2dr coupe

Guest 0101tj

Guest 0101tj

hi i have a 1931 dodge 2 door dh coupe with a flat 6cl my grampa bought new in 1931 then gave it to my dad in 1990 we have had it stored in a barn. started to restore it but ran out of time and money to do it properly, it runs and drives all parts are there that i know of to restore it also have some extras. front window is cracked and passenger side rear fender has a dent running borads have some rust but outher than that there is no major rust that i can see. like to keep the sale local unless buyer is willing to come get it. $7500.00 obo thanks tj

located in seattle wa

dodge004.jpg

dodge003.jpg

dodge009.jpg

dodge008.jpg

dodge007.jpg

dodge006.jpg

dodge005.jpg

Edited by 0101tj (see edit history)

Guest Dean_H.

Wow, what a beauty! Love the dual cowl vents, ...his and her fresh air. Very cool car. Wish I wasn't already overwhelmed with other projects. Maybe Kieser31 will take it off your hands, he sort of has the market cornered on these. Good luck with your sale.

What's lour location?

Edited by Dean_H. (see edit history)

Wow, what a beauty! Love the dual cowl vents, ...his and her fresh air. Very cool car. Wish I wasn't already overwhelmed with other projects. Maybe Kieser31 will take it off your hands, he sort of has the market cornered on these. Good luck with your sale.

What's lour location?

Yes, Dean, I would absolutely LOVE to have this '31 DH6 coupe. I just started back to work part time and it would take me a while to raise the cash. Would I look greedy if I had three? Maybe 0101tj would trade it for a 1967 Dodge A100 V8 automatic transmission pickup?

post-37352-14313847492_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138474921_thumb.jpg

Guest Dean_H.

Definitely not greedy to have three, John. A car like this is an American historic artifact in need of a caretaker. If you are able to fill that need, it's a service to future generations.

Guest prs519

kinda too bad, TJ, looks like you had a good start on it! I wish I had all mine back

that I had to sell! Perry in Idaho

I guess I should have listed my questions all at once...are the rear bumpers complete? Are all of the interior hardware pieces there? Do you have the aluminum running board trim? Do you have the air cleaner? What sort of "extra" parts do you have? Thanks, John

Guest 0101tj

i will have to go through all of the parts but it should be there. its been some time since i have gone through the parts

thanks tj

Guest 0101tj

have interior pieces donot have running board trim, have extra gaskets for motor extra wheels and tires still have to find some of the boxes of parts.

I guess I should have listed my questions all at once...are the rear bumpers complete? Are all of the interior hardware pieces there? Do you have the aluminum running board trim? Do you have the air cleaner? What sort of "extra" parts do you have? Thanks, John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok, i bought it, but that's not the end of the deal. i would like to find a left front and right rear fender in gloriously wonderful condition, or at least pretty damn good. i should add another tail light to the right rear also, just for personal safety reasons. it has wire wheels and needs a few good hubcaps.

Edited by john walker (see edit history)

ok, i bought it, but that's not the end of the deal. i would like to find a left front and right rear fender in glosiously wonderful condition, or at least pretty damn good. i should add another tail light to the right rear also, just for personal safety reasons. it has wire wheels, but they also came with steel artillery wheels. 5 please. :)

No...they did not come with steel artillery wheels. They came with either wood spoked wheels or wire wheels. I have an extra taillamp stand that needs a little fixing around a mounting hole.

keiser31@charter.net

post-37352-143138518347_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138518348_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138518357_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138518365_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey y'all-

I'm looking for a specific '31 dodge 3-window in WA state. It was a simple street rod conversion that I sold to a guy in the Stanwood area in the late '80's when I was a really stupid kid. I tracked down a more recent owner a few years ago but managed to lose his information. I know his folks lived in Burlington at the time and I think he was at Boeing but I'm not positive. At that time the car wasn't for sale (or on the road) but at this point I'd really just like to get in touch and see the car again. I guess more to the point, my dad has asked me to locate the car and try to arrange for him to see it since it was his before it was mine...

Any leads are deeply appreciated.

-Shawn

Hey y'all-

I'm looking for a specific '31 dodge 3-window in WA state. It was a simple street rod conversion that I sold to a guy in the Stanwood area in the late '80's when I was a really stupid kid. I tracked down a more recent owner a few years ago but managed to lose his information. I know his folks lived in Burlington at the time and I think he was at Boeing but I'm not positive. At that time the car wasn't for sale (or on the road) but at this point I'd really just like to get in touch and see the car again. I guess more to the point, my dad has asked me to locate the car and try to arrange for him to see it since it was his before it was mine...

Any leads are deeply appreciated.

-Shawn

Got any old photos of that car? I have a photo file of 1931 Dodge coupes that I have been collecting for years. I may know of the car if I knew what modifications were done to it. What color was it? John

I don't have any photos handy but I may have a couple after next weekend.

It's a three-window and was burgundy with black fenders and running boards. It had 5-spoke brushed aluminum wheels (very late '70's style). It was a trunk model without fender mounts. It also had a honeycomb radiator that I just loved. It wasn't lowered or chopped, pretty much straight stock look with wheels & tires. We were really trying to make it a drivable sleeper.

I'll post photos as soon as I can find some.

Thanks!!