Just Bought a 1925 Touring!

MikeC5

My Dodges will be with me Mike until the wife has my estate auction. You will all be invited!

Don't pack up the truck and trailer just yet........... I'm only 58 and healthy as a 15 year old....................................................dog.

Already packed and ready!

• 2 months later...
Guest 25dodge

I have a pair of splash aprons (square type) in fair condition except one of them has some small holes which could be filled and most of that is under the body anyway. $50 for the pair. I also have a hood which needs minor repair for $50. I have two chrome headlight rims which need re-chromed for $20. Shipping extra.

I have a pair of splash aprons (square type) in fair condition except one of them has some small holes which could be filled and most of that is under the body anyway. $50 for the pair. I also have a hood which needs minor repair for $50. I have two chrome headlight rims which need re-chromed for $20. Shipping extra.

What part of Indiana 25dodge? I'm in Morocco.......

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Been a while since I've updated. Clogged radiator prevent enjoying doing much driving this summer. It was a honeycomb style core and so could not be rodded. I did manage to get the front fenders primed and installed. Also took the opportunity to refinish the gas tank.

I recently returned from a business trip to Derby, U.K. where I was able to meet up with Dodge Brother Ray. He picked me up at the hotel with his '26 touring car and we chatted DBs over a few fine ales. We had a great time and it was great to see some of the country side from the vantage point of the Dodge. Thanks again Ray!

post-74074-143142727284_thumb.jpg

post-74074-143142727305_thumb.jpg

post-74074-143142727331_thumb.jpg

post-74074-143142727347_thumb.jpg

post-74074-143142727363_thumb.jpg

It was a pleasure meeting you, Mike and good to show the car to someone who really appreciates all the extra time and effort needed to restore to stock rather than opting for an often cheaper, easier and more profitable option. No disrespect to anyone with a different viewpoint but looking at those photos you have to admire Mike's dedicated and disciplined approach.

Bill, sorry to hear about your misadventure. I do hope you will not be too financially disadvantaged by it. I am fortunate indeed never to have broken any bones but I imagine the enforced idleness must be rather frustrating.

Best of luck.

Ray.

No I didn't spring for the original McCord-stle round tube & fin or the honeycomb. Either would have run over $2,000 Also, from what I've read it is doubtful that honeycomb-type was ever original equipment. I would have like to go with the round tube & fin but it was about $1,000 more than the 'V-core' type I went with. It does have a vintage look to it though.