1942 Lincoln bumpers & guards

Is there a difference between the Zephyr and the Continental? I have to finish unwrapping them but I have almost all the pieces of a 1940's lincoln set of bumpers with guards etc. that were replated. I'll have to unwrap them today to get a positive ID on them on the year. I'm thinking they are 1946 or 1947 though.

Is there a difference between the Zephyr and the Continental? I have to finish unwrapping them but I have almost all the pieces of a 1940's lincoln set of bumpers with guards etc. that were replated. I'll have to unwrap them today to get a positive ID on them on the year. I'm thinking they are 1946 or 1947 though.

Zephyr and Continental are the same. 1940 is by itself 1941 by itself 1942 by itself 1946-48 are the same. Alot of 42's were updated with the 46-48 bumpers they will fit and had more guards. I'm looking for original. Just bought this 42 and it is in shipping but the photos show terrible rusted bumpers but the car is rust free bodily Lee

I always thought the 1942 and 1946-47 bumpers were the same, and that only the guards and overriders were different. Have I been wrong?

Yes the 46 -48 have holes in the face bars for the end guards the 42 is solid the 46-48 will bolt on the 42 but is not correct a lot of 42's were updated with the 46 bumpers and some even had the grill changed. The steel bar may be the same but you would have to weld the holes shut and replate Lee