1955 Super 56R...found a new home

1955_Special

Many thanks to Mr Earl for his help in my quest for a beautiful 1955 Buick...she arrived today from Florida, on my 40th birthday, after several months of searching. Squeezed her into the garage tonight after a few trips around the neighborhood.

Much to do, but all is well.

Thanks Mr Earl!

Thanks guys! Glad to be a 1955 Buick owner again! Had a '55 Special in the 1980's and 1990's. Feels great to own one again.

Adam: I sent my membership form to the local Gateway BCA chapter yesterday! See you at the April 16th oil change event!

And yes, it's the original Buick motor....

Happy Birthday Matt!!! Always glad to help put someone in an old Buick. And what a great birthday present they do make. Texas Pete was my 60th birthday present. Hope to see you and it in person someday. Maybe Danvers in '11 or Charlotte in '12. Please post up some more pics. I think that's classy color scheme.

Spent the weekend getting to know the new '55 Super...replaced the generator, fixed the horn, dome light, license plate lights, trunk light. Secured some loose chrome and bumpers and tail pipe. Ordered some rubber replacement parts from Steele.

And of course drove her around a lot!

Spent the weekend getting to know the new '55 Super...replaced the generator, fixed the horn, dome light, license plate lights, trunk light. Secured some loose chrome and bumpers and tail pipe. Ordered some rubber replacement parts from Steele.

And of course drove her around a lot!

That would be my favorite part of a weekend!!!!! ;)

Welcome,

This is what I want to know, if it was a birthday present and if Mr Earl got it for you, doesn't it follow that he should have paid for the present that he got for you?

Again, welcome....a great looking car!!

Stevo