1957 BUICK ROADMASTER parting out

Guest MARTINOS1

Guest MARTINOS1

hi i am forced to part out a COMPLETE 4 door hard top roadmaster. the trans has been asked for, and the trunk line trim bars only...everything else is available, nailhead to rear end. car is complete, bumpers suck as most do but i have them, with mustache, 70% of the parts have been sanded down and primed. saving you hours of time. email with needs and amount you want to pay, then zip so i can figure shipping out....i am sad i love this baby, but car with metal vs family / wife with mean stare...the winner is.....thanks all, lets get toghther and make some room here...every part on this car works. i guarantee you that. i drove it and started stripping it down 6 months ago....

Guest MARTINOS1

santa fe the spedo works fine, i have not even pulled the dash out yet. will get back to you by weekend..i am posting alot of these parts on ebay, check out the condition and then we will talk moola....lol...leave me zip code to, so i can figure out shipping cost...

Guest MARTINOS1

bob, no problem, i will need until saturday to take them off. which one you want? and send me your email address and zip code, so i can send you pictures b4 money is exchanged. this way we have no problems. send to martinos1@comcast.net. i still have the complete front end parts and they are in excellent condition if you need more. thanks and please visit my ebay store for more parts and sports posters.... MARTINOSPARADISE..1957 BUICK ROADMASTER 364 NAILHEAD REBUILT MOTOR - eBay (item 130490562864 end time Mar-02-11 20:07:42 PST)

Hey not to sound sour here, but isn't one of the Buick - Buy/Sell Forum rules here is that if you post here, you state a price for your parts? I suppose that since this is a car enthusiasts hobby site I would guess this rule helps to keep everyone within that overall purpose and decorum.

Guest MARTINOS1

buick man your right, but i dont kow prices, i have to wait on zip codes to tell people how much.. plus, i have to go look at the part to make sure im not gonna rip anyone off when i describe it, or i like to send them pictures b4 they spend there hard earned money...sorry for not stating prices, i would love it if this forum had a price forum for used parts ,so we are being fair to each other....thanks...............hooligan32... sorry, EVERYONE wants the tail lights on these cars, i have them but as usual they are pitted.....

I hear you, but just do a search and set a price. The zip code has nothing to do with you setting a price for the item itself. Put your zip code location on the posting and the buyer can get a rough idea on shipping costs. With that said, if you want to conduct an auction and or are fishing for highest and best possible, then use ebay to sell your parts as it appears you are doing. If you are gonna use this site, it is kinda of the accepted procedure on club sites to post your part with pictures and full descriptions with a stated price with a statement that shipping is extra to where ever it goes. A lot of folks, like to contribute to the hobby and come here first to offer their parts to sell and help out a fellow enthusiast's quest for much need parts to keep the hobby alive and well.

With Ebay it is a different mantra altogether - for a completely different purpose.

Guest MARTINOS1

right now i am selling the motor as whole. its on ebay under MARTINOSPARADISE for 1,300.00which is cheap... if it does not sell at my price i will break it down..right now its been rebuilt to take unleaded and runs strong.papa always said dont mess with a good running motor...lol..

Guest djohn81641

I am looking for the horn contact switch that is probably on the lower part of the steering column. I have a 1960 Buick, but the 57 switch should be the same. Please let me know if you have it. Thanks

Pic below:

post-46358-143138472502_thumb.jpg

post-46358-143138472504_thumb.jpg

Guest MARTINOS1

i do have it but i was gonna sell the whole steering wheel in one piece, if its under the emblem then please consider buing it all, if its lower then no problem. i will be taking the front end off and the dash this week...my thanks to you my friend. let me know....

Guest djohn81641

Ok. I will wait to see if you find it on the lower part of the steering column. I do not think it is under the steering wheel directly.

Guest MARTINOS1

update...3-8-11, i am selling the 364 motor and transmission as a package deal for 1500.00 plus you pay freight. now thats a deal...the car has drivers door gone, top stainless strips gone. still have full dash board, excellent condition, full front end , excellent condition, and the rear end. i would like to sell the shell and frame if anyone needs one for 300.00 with titile....you deal with shipping...want pictures .. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140519635107&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT or contact me. like i said all of this car ..so ...far... that i have gotten to are listed on ebay under MARTINOSPARADISE... thank you my friends...get this shell out my garage so i can part out a 64 jetstar.......

Edited by MARTINOS1 (see edit history)

Buick Man- IMHO-I didn't get the impression that he was shopping around for highest prices at all. He's just giving everyone here a chance to jump on parts first. I see tons of people who list stuff on here with no prices and deals get done thru pm's all the time, and he DID direct people to his Ebay store, it's just everyone insists on hammering people for parts once they post that they have something available, whether it is thru Ebay or one time sales.

I see it all the time on here where people are selling cars & parts with no price listed. Half the time I don't know what to ask for a part either and would much rather someone make an offer and that gives me the option of either taking it or declining. Isn't that the way a great many people do it on here if they are unsure of the value of their item, or is it more important to fleece the unsuspecting?

Docs Gal

Guest MARTINOS1

the master has spoken...thank you docs gal...you are exactly right, plus what people don't realize is i might be in a good mood when they tell me what they want and give it cheaper than if i put a price tag on it here. Or, i might even give free shipping if they are close enough..what is the big deal here, if you need a part,,,email me,,if i have it i tell you a price that's fair add shipping and every one's happy...maybe this is why we use ebay, no problems, you get your outrageous price that you asked for and kill them with shipping charges...hmmmm maybe I'll add more to ebay now.... update 3-9-11 motor and trans are gone...djohn81641 i am pulling the steering colume out tomorrow, if you want that part i'll take 10.00. this will include shipping...let me know....thanks to my new friends..

Guest MARTINOS1

i am sorry it sold on ebay today..this buick does not last more than 2 days..these parts are cheap and in great condition..sorry....

hi adam, i'm very well educated about treadle vac's, where like most old brake master cylinders, the resevoir and master cylinder are cast in one piece. what i didn't know, was if buick had kept using the firewall mounted remote resevoir like in 1956, so adam, where there's a remote resevoir, you actually have two resevoirs. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Guest MARTINOS1

there is a black coated BOOSTER behind the master cylender on 57 buicks ROADMASTERS.. the brake bar goes through this inside the underdash to the pedal..the BOOSTER is sealed, has a gasket and is made to hold pressure...now what the canister on the side fender does that has a line that goes to the bottom of the master cylender i dont know..we can talk mopar all day, i just happen to own a 57 buick, i am not the master...the grasshopper has spoken...

DocGal: Well actually no it is not. The rules specify a price must be given. Take a few photos, state a price and terms, a part number and application

and there is little to no confusion. Don't know what to ask as per price. Then do a search on this site. All past posting are archived for just this reason. If that does not work then post for help to determine a fair price from the collective wisdom of the membership on this site.

With that said, if you want to conduct an auction use ebay or other similar sites that are out there. Yes, and posting to let everyone know you are doing this should be OK. My point was there should however be an established mechanism on this site to do just that.

Go read my latest posting on Buy/Sell rules at the top of this forum.

Best Regards!

hi martinos1, the pedal rod is part of the treadle vac power brake unit. the pressure you think that the booster holds is a negative pressure "vacuum", the cannister you mention, is the vacuum resevoir. between the treadle vac, cannister and the engine is a vacuum check valve, to keep the vacuum in the resevoir cannister, fpr several power assisted applications of the brake pedal if the engine stalls. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Guest MARTINOS1

buick 57 i am just getting to mine..once out its yours get a hold of me if you still need one..i am also selling the heating unit and all the cables...

• 3 years later...
Guest gibsonl6god
hi i am forced to part out a COMPLETE 4 door hard top roadmaster. the trans has been asked for, and the trunk line trim bars only...everything else is available, nailhead to rear end. car is complete, bumpers suck as most do but i have them, with mustache, 70% of the parts have been sanded down and primed. saving you hours of time. email with needs and amount you want to pay, then zip so i can figure shipping out....i am sad i love this baby, but car with metal vs family / wife with mean stare...the winner is.....thanks all, lets get toghther and make some room here...every part on this car works. i guarantee you that. i drove it and started stripping it down 6 months ago....

would that have the same power brake booster as a 55 century? if so I would be interested in buying it my email is gibsonl6god@gmail.com

Thanks