Opinion of Barn Find

Guest bensimons

Guest bensimons

New member here. I was hoping to get some opinions of this 1941 Lincoln Continental Cabriolet, that was recently found. It appears to be in very original condition. Has all running gear, and motor. Motor does not turn over, found rust on spark plug in front p/s cyl. All other plugs looked very clean. Also found oil in radiator. Seems to be blown head gasket?

Original paint, interior, perhaps top. A very complete and easily restorable car?

Also have parts.

Full set of fenders

Hood

3 engine blocks

1 crank

various iron heads

1 transmission

1 complete rear axle

several aluminum intakes

hubcaps / trim rings

1 nearly complete engine - condition unknown

post-73731-143138458904_thumb.jpg

post-73731-14313845891_thumb.jpg

post-73731-143138458915_thumb.jpg

post-73731-143138458921_thumb.jpg

post-73731-143138458927_thumb.jpg

post-73731-143138458933_thumb.jpg

post-73731-143138458939_thumb.jpg

The body number seems to be 16H-56-233

Looks like a real find. Aluminum heads? I have had V_12 blow head gaskets and that is a minor repair. Waldren

Is the V-12 motor that is listed for sale. I just bought a 42 with a V-8 so I'm looking for a V-12. I'm in Fort Myers, Fl. Lee

Guest bensimons

The V12 out of the car may be for sale, depending on more in depth analysis of the one in the car that is seized. The heads on the motor in the car are iron. There are also two other set oof iron heads but I need to take a closer look at them.

The body number seems to be 16H-56-233

Keep me in mind for the motor. smiley303us@yahoo.com. The oneoutof thecar isfine. Lee I worked at an uoholstery shop in Ohio that bought and sold Lincoln Continentals we had 10 at one time in the 70's. One had a stuck v12 and we removed the spark plugs and filledit with diseal fuel and we would put it in gear and rock it back and forth until about a week it came loose. We drained the oil and cranked the motor with the starter. Installed the plugs and it started smoked like mad we drove the car for over a year and never had a problem with it. Lee

Edited by Waldren (see edit history)

Guest Jim Zephyr

Hello Bensimons realy like your car, looks very solid! can you take a more detailed photo

of the choke and throttle knobs? and post it? it is blocked by the sterring wheel in your first photos thank you jim

Waldren,

This wouldn't be Reliable Upholstery in Newark would it? I know they did a lot of upholstery on older Lincolns years ago. I was going to take my car there at one time but never got it close to being restored until two years ago.

Tom

Yes I was there 32 years from 1950 to 1982 started there at 10 years old. I have upholstered many antique qnd classic cars. I still do upholstery on old cars on the week end and evenings I live in Fort Myers, Florida Lee

I worked at Reliable from fall of 1950 till February 1982. I was 10 years old when I started training for upholstery. I still do upholstery on weekends and evenings. I have all my L.C. patterns and would be happy to do any upholstery or help you in anyway. Lee Waldren

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bensimons

This car is now for sale. Also listed on the AACA forum for sale with more pictures.

Also available is 1941 Lincoln Continental Coupe. A #2 restoration. Everything works and is a driver, will post pictures of that car soon.

Thanks,

Ben

This car is now for sale. Also listed on the AACA forum for sale with more pictures.

Also available is 1941 Lincoln Continental Coupe. A #2 restoration. Everything works and is a driver, will post pictures of that car soon.

Thanks,

Ben

That air cleaner looks like the bottom part of a 42 -48 Continental air cleaner that I need for my42 it came with 2 top pipes that fasten to a large lower side tank. If it is would you sell it? Non original to your 41. Lee

Ben,

Please keep us posted on your sale results. The prices of our cars have been fluctuating recently so your sale report will help us a lot.

I just purchased a 1942 Lincoln Continental coupe from Brookridge Farms for $4,000 It was delivered about a week ago. Needs fully restored Very little rust but no motor. Lee Waldren Ft. Myers, Fl.

• 2 months later...
Guest RRLR

Lee:

If you are in Ft Myers, Mike Gerner has the Mother lode of 42's. He's on Pine Island try "Mike Gerner" <mgerner01@comcast.net or look up his phone #.

Charlie