WTB 57 Dash trim

Guest 57coupe

Guest 57coupe

HI I am wanting to buy a NOS or very clean dash trim for my 57 Super.

The piece I am after has a engine turned type pattern across it which go's through the center of the dash also looking for a speed minder control knob.

Any leads would be great.Thank you

Guest Rob McDonald

57coupe, I believe that I have the pieces you're looking for. I'll go out to the garage tonight, to see how difficult it is to get that trim panel off the dash. I think the Speed Minder knob is the same for several accessories but I'll check that too. Will get back to you, probably tomorrow.

Guest MARTINOS1

i have a 57 roadmaster i am stripping email me with a picture of dash trim , i know my whole dash is in mint shape. i also have the speedo knob, cause i was just messing with the radio and moved it to the side..contact me at MARTINOS1@COMCAST.NET... also check out ebay as i posted alot of parts yesterday. look under MARTINOSPARADISE... but please wait for rob mcdonalds reply, as he was first in line..thanks.

Guest Rob McDonald

MARTINOS1, you are a gentleman. Free advice: please don't forever hold it against your wife for making you get rid of your Buick or you'll both regret it, I'm afraid.

57COUPE, I took those parts out of my spare dashboard today. Neither of them is perfect but they would be good enough for my own car. There's minor pitting (buff-able, I think) on the pot metal knob. The thin aluminum trim panel has some small scratches around the radio knob holes. The horizontal faces of the chrome-plated trim frames at the speedometer and radio openings are quite badly pitted. I'm not sure if the damage will show when it's all put together.

You can have these parts for a $20 donation to a charity of your own choosing. You'd have to pay for shipping though. I'm in western Canada and UPS does COD shipments across the border. If these parts sound good enough, let me know what city you're in and I can get a quote on Monday.

Guest 57coupe

Hi Rob thank you for response Is there any chance of a picture of the dash trim sorry to be of bother but as I am in Australia the postage will not be cheap.

I have been looking of the dash trim for Two years now and have brought 4 in from e bay in the USA but with no luck they have all been too rough.

Here is my email mrcefai@gmail.com .

hope that its not too much trouble Regards Darren

Guest Rob McDonald

DARREN, I'd assumed that you're from the States! Of course after four disappointments, you need to be careful about bringing yet more junk across the Pacific. No problem, I'll take some closeups of the slight corrosion damage on these parts and email them to you tomorrow.

Guest MARTINOS1

go with robs price as that is very very cheap...i would sell them to you if you get desperate..other than that i would like to sell my dash in one piece. like i said it is mint !! but i know what its like to need a part real bad. if you are not happt with robs i will take mine apart and send you pictures...keep me advised...rob....i have 3 71 demons and a 64 oldmobile , i dont blame my wife for her stares, i am blamming myself for getting over my head in this collection/ restoration business .lol... check out my post for some pictures of my headaches.....lol..thanks guys.

Guest Rob McDonald

Too many projects do take all the fun out of any one of them. Your relic looks a lot like my parts car, which I stripped many years ago. Mine was the same Garnet on top but was Ivory on the bottom. Does yours have that weird pinkish-orange and ivory interior? What were they thinking?

Try as I might, I can't think of anything that I need off your car. I guess that shows just how close mine is to being finished.