1936 C10

jazzer3

I purchased a C10 Airflow and will have to reassemble the engine. I have ordered a Master Maintenance Manual for 34-36 Chryslers, can anyone advise any other manuals or literature that would be beneficial to my task. I already have a Motors manual that covers 36.

Thank you,

Jay

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

Jay,

The maintenance manuals along with the other associated literature should suffice provided you have a fair mechanical knowledge to support the writings.

If you need assistance you could also call on the wealth of knowledge that is available through the members in the Airflow Club

By the way have you decided to join the Airflow Club of America.

Application forms are available for download at the Airflow Club website.

Regards

John Spinks

Aussie Airflow C9 Coupe

Thank you for the response John, I will join the Airflow Club just haven't done it yet. I didn't bring the car home due to the terrible conditions from our extreme winter but once I do I'm sure there will be lots of questions. I have assembled engines and I have a good friend who is a mechanical whiz so I believe that shouldn't be a problem. I have been studying the maintenance manual and see that some cars have an automatic clutch that appears could be tricky to sort out.

I'm getting anxious to bring the car home so I can explore and discover. I'll have so many questions you'll be sick of me!icon7.gif

Thank you,

jay

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

Hi Jay,

Luckily the '36 C10 was not fitted with an auto clutch.

The Auto clutch only appeared on the cars with a freewheel type transmission.

If you need any help please send email.

Cheers

John Spinks

Thanks John,

We had 60 degree weather here last Friday and was real excited about bringing the car home and yesterday we got another 6 inches of stuff some people like.

I know i need a set of lifters and .020 under main bearings. The cam is new but no lifters, also i read ( in the master maintenance manual) that the aluminum head needs a special gasket any input on this situation?

Thank you,

Jay

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

Jay, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but have been very busy.

Cannot help with lifters or mains but you should be able to get them State side.

The head gasket for the aluminium headed Airflow engine is steel in lieu of the normal copper and it was done this way so as to minimise the electrolytic corrosion that would have occurred with copper aluminium.

Interestingly whilst they manufactured a steel gasket they also put copper ring inserts at every water transfer hole to the block which sort of defeated the purpose.

Cheers

John Spinks

Aussie C9 Airflow Coupe