Gas Station

chrysler30

Guest Jim_Edwards
I ran across this gas station yesterday in my travels. Just thought I'd share. Don't see these everyday.

Neat photos, but I know you didn't take them anywhere in Texas. Old service stations here are never allowed to remain sitting like the one in the photo. Pumps have to be pulled and tanks either removed or filled with light concrete in order to prevent the possibility of any future soil contamination.

Jim

Guest Robin Coleman

Just wondering.... do you recall what price per gallon was displayed on the pumps? In my hometwon, all of the old style pumps had to display one-half price in the 70's because the computer would not go above 50 cents per gallon.

I'm surprised some pump collector has not taken those pumps. I do not keep up with pump prices, but some of those oldies sell for astronomical prices.

Just wondering.... do you recall what price per gallon was displayed on the pumps? In my hometwon, all of the old style pumps had to display one-half price in the 70's because the computer would not go above 50 cents per gallon.

I'm surprised some pump collector has not taken those pumps. I do not keep up with pump prices, but some of those oldies sell for astronomical prices.

The pumps couldn't go more than two digits (99) as there were only two windows so when the price got to 1.00, they had to sell half gallons. By the time it got to 2.00 all the pumps had been replaced or they would have sold Quarts. That sign is pretty nice,too.