Indy concours announcements

sambarn

I just recieved the official notification for acceptance to the Concours event at Indy in May. It was however for the 1927 Plain Jane Marmon Model L Coupe and not the far more exotic E 75. I'll keep checking the box, maybe they'll accept both! I kind of hate this beg for admission and a few months later, with no correspondence in between, we'll let you know if you are worthy to help us raise money or not but... Each vehicle at the concours receives a brick. Yes, a real, original Indy brick. And gets to drive the track. For a Marmon owner it doesn't get any better!!

Anybody else receive notice??

I just recieved the official notification for acceptance to the Concours event at Indy in May. It was however for the 1927 Plain Jane Marmon Model L Coupe and not the far more exotic E 75. I'll keep checking the box, maybe they'll accept both! I kind of hate this beg for admission and a few months later, with no correspondence in between, we'll let you know if you are worthy to help us raise money or not but... Each vehicle at the concours receives a brick. Yes, a real, original Indy brick. And gets to drive the track. For a Marmon owner it doesn't get any better!!

Anybody else receive notice??

On the other hand............There's no entry fee, a free lunch, if you work it right a free beer or two, and in the case of past Meadowbrooks an ass kicking after show buffet..............Bob

West, that is very sweet of you to offer to care for such a poor humble car!! Unfortunately for "The Colonel" (Named for Howard Marmon's military status after his work on the liberty engines) is set to be at the Mighty Marmon Muster that runs side by side with these Indy events. You had a shot at Hershey at the other one!! Meadowbrook sounds like a good time but we're Indy bound, even if she ends up in the exhibition class (No Brick).

Also, In their events section is a better (but sparse) summation of the show. It features cars from the makers of the original marques in the 1911 Indy 500 as well as other pre 1961 vehicles, so the Marmon Club is using this as our Annual Muster. We are taking part in an event on Friday for Marmons and Stutzes (or is that Stutzs?). We are expecting 51 1/4 cars. More Marmons in one location than since they closed the doors. And I have heard that the Stutz club will have even more vehicles. The next day is the Concours and then a Gala featuring all of the remaining 500 winning cars and several drivers. I personally will be with the Marmon Club that evening but it sounds awfully neat for race fans.

And West, I may never relinquish the keys to the One of a kind factory prototype Marmon Speedster, The only one made with 1927 body and 1926 fenders, I will try to get some words and photos from Indy about the car for your lovely magazine if you'd like.