"INTERNATIONAL" - 'MISSING' FROM THE FORUM?

Willys77

Just wrote a post about 1935 - 36 REO trucks - the cab style reminds me of the 1934 - 36 International; so I thought "there isn't an "INTERNATIONAL" Section on the forum? Had a look and did not spot anything - failing eyesight?!!? Just curious? Or is there an International website elsewhere? Thanks! (No, I don't "IHC"! ("I Have Cornbinder!"). MAHALO!

I've been into these forums for close to a year and while I think they're great, I don't understand why they have certain seldom used sections and the absence of certain brands that are way more popular. The International is a case in point. It would seem more logical to have an International section instead of the REO..They have a Mitchell section that has had just 3 posts since inception,the last being posted in 2009. I think the Continental Motors section only had 2 posts. They have 9 categories for Buick and I think 3 for Chevy. They have 3 for CCCA cars and then they have separate categories for Cadillac, Packard,Lincoln. Pierce Arrow, Peerless, and a few other Classics. They don't have a separate section for Ford trucks but they do for Chevy/GMC and Dodge. The administrators say there are so many Buick sections because the BCA uses these forums and the most popular section is for the Reatta even though no Reattas are antiques. I still like coming here and I'll play by their rules, it just seems like a few changes would be common sensible.

Edited by Dave Mellor NJ (see edit history)

The Reatta thing seems sort of weird to me too....

but...

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Ask for it and you usually get it here.

Whenever there is a request for a forum, Peter usually creates it. If there is enough interest, I think you will see it created.

Guest De Soto Frank

I would sooner see a dedicated place for International trucks than for Buick Reatta...

But that's one man's opinion.

I used to have a '48 International KB-2, and a couple of '34-'36 International C-35 trucks.

Tough call to say delete the Reatta category. Look at the number of posts and threads. Quick look appears it is one of the top categories for both posts and threads. Very popular and I do not own a Reatta. (even though I would like one)

Actually it's #1 in size!!! WOW! I don't have one either but they have a following, that's for sure.

Let's not get sidetracked or confused. This question is not about deleting a forum... it is only about adding one.

You don't have to delete anything to add another one. The AACA has been unbelievably generous about hosting this forum for most any car collectors/club(s) that are interested. I don't personally have much interest or experience in International Trucks but if there is sufficient interest shown, I have faith that it will be added.

So who out there wants it? Please indicate your interest in this thread.

I had a 1966 International truck a few years back. My dad bought one new in 1966 and another in 72. International Scouts were quite popular around here in the 1960's and 70's.

I think there should be a forum for IHC Vehicles as there are a lot of them around. And we may slip a photo of a corn binder, or tractor in from time to time. You have my vote. Ben Funk Inc. is our local Dealer here. Old Ben passed on a few years ago and his son runs the business now. He was one of the best, and most liked dealers in the area. Dandy Dave!

First off, let me say I did not want to start a debate about Buick Reattas or any thing else! As I originally stated, I DON'T have an International. An aquaintance has a couple of 1933 D1s and the International High Wheeler has to be a "Pioneer" type of vehicle. The 1933 - 1940 Pickups and Panels are; in my mind, quite stylish. Of course, we all have our favorite cars and trucks. I happen to prefer Commercial Half Ton "Oddball", orphan stuff! My username should indicate this!! The International Harvester Company sold MORE "Willys" pickups and Panels in 1933 than Willys did! Willys being in receivership, contracted with IHC to provide International with Light Duty Commercial vehicles. (Or vice versa.) There is a bit of information about this on the WILLYS OVERLAND KNIGHT REGISTRY website! The Green Diamond Six was derived from the Willys Six. So, this was a thought that occurred to me and I'd vote YES, even though I'll never own an International - not because I don't want to, but I have a full slate and I'm not getting younger! MAHALO! (I'll leave this to the Administrators and you Forum Members.) :)

I had an International travelall at one time. Great truck. Think it was a 69 but it was a while ago. Also the farms around the area had lots of old International grain trucks of various ages. Although I am not a current owner of one, I would like a thread about them. Might even buy another at some time. Who knows?

Guest Silverghost

WOW Peter ~~~

You started this International section in record time !

You really take your website job seriously ; and are sure on top of things !

Edited by Silverghost (see edit history)

Guest Double M
The Reatta thing seems sort of weird to me too....

but...

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Ask for it and you usually get it here.

Whenever there is a request for a forum, Peter usually creates it. If there is enough interest, I think you will see it created.

It IS weird. I know. Boy do they squeek. I am a Reatta guy since last September. Since then I have had one of the so-called Reatta experts complain to me that he doesnt GET PAID for the "Free" advice he gives out on that forum. The REAL experts there dont complain, they just help. I have recieved nasty letters telling me I am not "respectfull" enough and it is more drama than I need. They take themselves WAY too seriously... But I have sorted thru the drama queens and focus on the few that dont regard owning a Reatta as some sort of divine happening. It is also the most popular Reatta Forum on the net and this site and depite the "Holier than thous" that frequent it, it is a valuable resource to us Reatta Heads...

International is just as deserving of a forum, I always wanted a International Scout myself, but have found little info or support to justify taking one on as a project.

Guest Gary Hearn

Peter,

Thanks for adding the Forum. I had posed the same question a year or two ago while I had my 1959 B-120 4x4 but I never got a response. Now that my 1985 S-1600 is over 25 years old, maybe I will post a picture.

Gary

Guest De Soto Frank
Let's not get sidetracked or confused. This question is not about deleting a forum... it is only about adding one.

You don't have to delete anything to add another one. The AACA has been unbelievably generous about hosting this forum for most any car collectors/club(s) that are interested. I don't personally have much interest or experience in International Trucks but if there is sufficient interest shown, I have faith that it will be added.

So who out there wants it? Please indicate your interest in this thread.

Matt,

Well put. I should have worded my original comment a little more thoughtfully.

I am still having a little trouble getting used to the concept of some "modern cars" now qualifying as "antiques". :o

I should not have suggested that the Reatta forum should go away.

I am glad to see there is now a forum for International... back when I had my cornbinders, there was little out there in the way of Internet support for them.

Regards,

Frank McMullen

It IS weird. I know. Boy do they squeek. I am a Reatta guy since last September. Since then I have had one of the so-called Reatta experts complain to me that he doesnt GET PAID for the "Free" advice he gives out on that forum. The REAL experts there dont complain, they just help. I have recieved nasty letters telling me I am not "respectfull" enough and it is more drama than I need. They take themselves WAY too seriously... But I have sorted thru the drama queens and focus on the few that dont regard owning a Reatta as some sort of divine happening. It is also the most popular Reatta Forum on the net and this site and depite the "Holier than thous" that frequent it, it is a valuable resource to us Reatta Heads...

International is just as deserving of a forum, I always wanted a International Scout myself, but have found little info or support to justify taking one on as a project.

I was thinking about a Reatta a few years ago and spent sometime in the Forum. Barny Eaton is a real good fellow with a lot of good advice on Reattas. When I joked around a little, things got a little serious with some of the forum members. Some people just can't take a joke.

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)