Converting a 46 Chevy from column shift to floor shift?

NTArrington

Does anyone know of a shifter kit to convert from column to floor shift for 46-48 Chevrolet coupe? Also looking for 41-48 Chevrolet parts car-any body style- for dash/steering column/steering box and pedal assembly to convert RHD vehicle to LHD, do not need driveline etc and vehicle can be rusty etc.

Thanks

BRB-Having owned several Chevrolets from that era the easiest way to get the "stick" on the floor is to get a bell housing and 1/2 ton truck 3spd center(floor) shift transmission. The bell housing bolts to the back of the engine with no problem seeing as the 1/2 ton truck and cars were produced with the same engine. As I remember the two transmissions are the same length and universal joint size and have the same bolt pattern for the bell cover at the back of the trans housing. Why the need to convert to a LHD? Mark

I love rt drive,,,On long trips you can stretch out the left foot,,,and returning home at night, you are just that much further from oncomming lights,,At first I thought it was the old high up seat,,,but later in a 145 Volvo wagon I discoverd the on comming headlamp glare relief well worth it,,,,,and shifting leftie is not that much of a problem,,,Cheers,,Ben