Trippe Driving light bulbs

FLYER15015

Am in need of trippe Driving Light Bulbs.

Part # on mine is, T-4-s.

Below it reads, 32M.S.C.P AT 5.6 V

This is a large bulb with a black "matt" face.

Pins are straight across, not staggered.

Any source for purchasing these would be appreciated.

Mike in colorado

BCA#45728

AACA# 994416 :confused:

Well, 35 viewers, an no responses, so far.

I checked w/ my local Carquest parts store and they tell me a G.E. #1133 is real close to the "official" Trippe bulb, 6 volt, 2 pins @ bottom, same barrel size, and rated @ 32 C.P.

I have 1 on order, so I'll try it and report back soon. Oh, the price was $4.50+tax.

Mike

Just to let you all know, I answered my own question.

After a couple of days searching the web, I discovered that G.E./MAZDA bulb # 1133 is "almost" the same configuration, and has the same specks as the Trippe bulb T-4-s. the only difference is the Trippe bulb has a black face. This issue was solved by masking tape and a quick coat of VHT black paint, from the same spray can I used to paint my exhaust manifold.

This fix may drive the "restorers" nuts, but for us "drivers" it will do in a pinch. The cost for the bulb @ Carquest was $4.50 but I've seen them on the web for as little as $.99 ea + shipping of course.

Just wanted to throw this out there for you all to ponder.....

Mike in Colorado

BCA# 45728

AACA # 994416

Guest BigDogDaddy

Bill Hirsch has 6 volt Halogen bulbs for the Trippe lights. I haven't purchased any yet, but plan on doing so this year.

Just for "grins" I'll pass along some of my light bulb research, re: Trippe driving lights.

Keep in mind this info is not for "purists". It is only for us working stiffs that want to own a "driver".

1. www.elightbulbs.com bulbbright # 715113 (24 watt 6.2v BA15s base #1133 bulb @ $.99ea.

2.http://bargainsherps.com/Eiko-40174-1133 (24.2watt6.2vBA15s base

#Eiko 40174 1133. Their price jumps up to $1.05ea

Now keep in mind these are clear bulbs of about the same configuration as the Trippe T-4-s, so you will have to paint the face w/ flat black VHT paint, if you really want to fool the judges. I tried one w/ paint and one w/o, and I could not tell the difference @ about 100" away, on a moonless night. Of course polishing the insides of my lights with "semichrome" could have had an impact too.

Just a little "blacksmithing" info for you-all to ponder.

Mike in Colorado, where we have NO snow to speak of yet this year....

BCA # 45728

AACA # 994416

• 3 months later...
Guest 38-RAYS

just read this ad . have a lot of working 6-volts with the original black on them and say trrip on them .