1923 Chalmers For Sale

Guest gregd

My brother and I inherited a 1923 Chalmers convertible from our father. We have decided to part with the car. It has been in indoor storage my entire life, but it does need to be restored. From what we have been told all of the parts are there for restoration. We are looking to anyone that is interested in purchasing the car. It is located in Akron, OH.

I live in Akron too. While I am not really interested in purchasing the Chalmers, I would be willing to look at it for you this coming weekend and give you an idea of what you have. Feel free to send me a private message through this forum if interested.

Guest BobD735

Hi,

Chalmers produced five "convertibles" in 1923. A Roadster, a 5-pass. Touring, a 7-pass. Touring, and both a 5 and 7 passenger Sport Touring.

Which Model do you have for sale?

Bob

Guest bodyman36

i hope you understand like so many who have a family car they wish to sell, so many time they watch the barrett jackkson sales or some collector auction and think they have some million dollar car, to those of us who love and worship old cars we also know painstakingly the amount of time and or money and both to bring a barn find back to life,its hard enough whn you hav a common car of a ford, chevy dodge etc but whn you get to the ones where there anrent any parts the problems just add up ,as i and other have told you if you and your family trul;y want to sell your father prize car then 1. take pictures. post them here or where ever, ask questions, research it, and in all fairness so some city slicker dosnt comein and pull a fast one , put it on ebay and sell it to the world, but you have to get detailed pictures like i have told you the very first time we chatted, most everyone here want top keep and preserve old cars what ever thier flavor or make, its an addiction to us all .bodyman36 @hotmail

Guest bodyman36
Hi,

Chalmers produced five "convertibles" in 1923. A Roadster, a 5-pass. Touring, a 7-pass. Touring, and both a 5 and 7 passenger Sport Touring.

Which Model do you have for sale?

Bob

as being the godfather and true guru of the chalmers cars thanks for all the help you dive to us all bob!!

i hope you understand like so many who have a family car they wish to sell, so many time they watch the barrett jackkson sales or some collector auction and think they have some million dollar car, to those of us who love and worship old cars we also know painstakingly the amount of time and or money and both to bring a barn find back to life,its hard enough whn you hav a common car of a ford, chevy dodge etc but whn you get to the ones where there anrent any parts the problems just add up ,as i and other have told you if you and your family trul;y want to sell your father prize car then 1. take pictures. post them here or where ever, ask questions, research it, and in all fairness so some city slicker dosnt comein and pull a fast one , put it on ebay and sell it to the world, but you have to get detailed pictures like i have told you the very first time we chatted, most everyone here want top keep and preserve old cars what ever thier flavor or make, its an addiction to us all .bodyman36 @hotmail

An employee here in Bogota asked me to help sell his dads 1953 Ford pickup in the states. Thus i explained make sure it does not have an antique tag which prohibits exportation and plan on 5,000 usd to ship. I stated based upon the condition of his truck plan on at best 6,000 to 8,000 usd if your lucky. He states that is less than the 48,000 usd he was looking for.

Guest BobD735

The 1923 Chalmers, or Y Series replaced the 1922, Six-30 Models, which began in 1916.

The early 1923 Chalmers had a newly designed chassis, engine, now with a water pump, new radiator, Auto Lite electrical system, etc. The only interchangeable parts were the bodies, made by outside companies. Mid year 1923, Chalmers made additional design changes, including wheels, and optional Lockheed hydraulic brakes, etc.

Designers at Chalmers were contemplating new designs for 1924, as evidenced by the photos presently posted for sale on ebay. W.P. Chrysler had other plans for the Chalmers, a car designed by Zeder, Skelton, and Breer, who were also at work at the Chalmers factory. On November 23, 1923, Chalmers production was discontinued, and the new Chrysler rolled down the Chalmers assembly line early in January,1924. There were no 1924 Chalmers.

Bob (or whosoever), if I may pester you with a question. Were not the late Chalmers touring cars extremely large and imposing automobiles? What size wheel size did they sport? Also, do you know, for curiosity, if the this is the same company that went on to the Chalmers in Allis Chalmers Corporation?

Thanks

Guest BobD735

Hi,

For 1923, Chalmers used Budd steel disc 32 X 4 (24") wheels, and later switched to 24" Kelsey's. Concerning size, Chalmers had a two passenger Roadster on a 117" w.b. chassis, weighing 2845 lbs.,and at the other end, a 7-Passenger Sedan, weighing in at 3595 lbs., mounted on a 122" w.b. chassis.

Chalmers production spanned the years 1909 to 1923. It was not related in any way to Allis Chalmers.

Bob

• 1 month later...
Guest gregd

Attached are pictures of the Chalmers. I did not realize that AACA wouldn't automatically send me emails of responses, that's why I haven't responded. It did take some time to establish pricing. Based off our research we are asking $8,500. I believe I have changed my settings to get emails, but feel free to email me at gregd@jacco.com

Thanks,

Greg

post-40233-143138473837_thumb.jpg

post-40233-143138473841_thumb.jpg

post-40233-143138473843_thumb.jpg

post-40233-143138473845_thumb.jpg

post-40233-143138474092_thumb.jpg

post-40233-143138474095_thumb.jpg

post-40233-143138474097_thumb.jpg

post-40233-143138474099_thumb.jpg

post-40233-1431384741_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...