1930 Essex Wire Wheel Hubs Wanted

Looking for one front hub and two rears for 1930 Essex 19" 5 bolt pattern wire wheels. I think the 1931 Essex wire wheels are the same but have a different hub cap. Have attached a picture of the front hub and wheels. Looking for any infornation on the rear hubs. Thanks Mike

post-72410-143138406914_thumb.jpg

post-72410-143138406916_thumb.jpg

post-72410-143138406919_thumb.jpg

post-72410-143138406921_thumb.jpg

post-72410-143138406922_thumb.jpg

post-72410-143138406964_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest fossiltin62

Sir, I've been waiting for someone else to tell you this, but it looks as though no-one is going to, so I guess I'm it. I have owned Essex cars since 1956, I presently have 7 of them but have had many others, most of them 1928 to 1931. Ive got plenty of 1931 wire wheels and hubs which are 5 bolt. I just sold a set of 1930 wire wheels. They are 6 bolt and the spokes are adjustable. I've had several 1930 sets, both on and off cars, all are 6 bolt. I've never seen a 1930 with 5 bolt wheels. I will tell you that the wooden wheels are the same for both years. and by changing hubs as you are doing, 1931 wheels can be mounted on a 1930. However, I believe they are incorrect. I have no extra 6 bolt hubs for a 30, but have several sets of 5 bolt hubs for a 31 if that is what you want to do. W. Moon

Guest fossiltin62

Sir, It will be a bit until I can get to the farm in Oklahoma, which is where they are. I also have a home in Kansas which is where I am now. I'll be going to Chickasaw March 15th and will stop for them if you want them. What are you willing to pay for them? I'll have to remove them from the axels plus move "stuff" to get to them. Make me an offer I can't refuse!! Will Moon

Still looking for 5 bolt Essex hubs front and rear. Any help with this would be appreciated. I have included a picture of the wire wheel hubcaps that fit these wire wheels the top set I think are 1930 Essex and the bottom are I think 1931 Essex. The two sets of hubcaps are both slightly less than six inches across. Thanks Mike mwmcdonald@accesswave.ca

post-72410-143138464871_thumb.jpg

Guest abadolato

Hi !

I will use you topic to ask a question ...

Few years ago I "accidentaly" bought a 1930 Essex Roadster ... The accidental bought is a long story, but I ended up with a car that I don`t have much information ...

Most of the 1930 Essex Roadster factory picture (actually only 2 !!) showed cars with wood wheels ... But my car had the wire wheels ... I thought that they were not original and I bought a set of wood wheels ... Now I have both, both needs to be restored ...

Did the 1930 Essex came with either the wire wheels or the wood wheels ? Which one was the standard and which one was the optional ???

Essex_1930_AVA.jpg

Above my 1930 Essex Roadster in a picture from the early 70`s ...

Thanks

Alexandre Badolato

Guest David Wilkens

Hi there, i am also looking for a set of 1930 Essex Wire wheels and hubs for my 1930 Sun Sedan.

Did you come across more than you need and would you sell any to me.

Many thanks

David Wilkens

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi there,

I was wondering if you come across any 1930 Hudson Wire Wheels or Wheel Centre or any Rim and Lock Rings that you have seen or have and would like to sell any to me, Any help with this would be appreciated.

Many thanks

KTA