Buying a 1937 olds.

Guest melloyello1963

Guest melloyello1963

I am buying a 1937 olds 6 cyl. 4 door sedan from my father. He has had the car for 12 years. I have a few questions. I would like to put the 8 cyl. grill in it, Will it just bolt in place of the old one? Where can I find original styled interior and headliner? What is the cheapest place for window and door rubber. I know many people will gasp but I am street rodding this car and if anyone is interested in the original drive train let me know. I also have a few doubles of engine and tranny parts that come with the car. Thanks for any help in advance. This is a really cool site I just stumbled onto. Thanks again

Guest melloyello1963
i have only one question to ask , what does your father think of what you plan .

This was my dad's plan also. We have built a few street rods. I think it is each to their own when it comes to cars. I really believe its alot harder to restore one than street rod one so I have alot of respect for those who go that route. I plan on driving my car almost on a daily basis so I was power steering, brakes and AC. I plan on an LS style motor and an overdrive auto so my wife can drive it. The car will look stock other than the rims and color. That is why I want tofind the stock patterns for the interior. I understand your concern and thanks for our feedback.

Engine and tranny 6 or 8? The original grilles for these are hard to find in any decent condition. I should know the answer to your question on the sweap since I have owned both cars! It is not a bolt in swap. The 8 cylinder grille is taller..the width may be the same. I am not sure. Should not be a hard swap especially if you have the 8 cylinder top piece. Steele or Fusick may have your rubber.

Guest A_ngelo1971
I am buying a 1937 olds 6 cyl. 4 door sedan from my father. He has had the car for 12 years. I have a few questions. I would like to put the 8 cyl. grill in it, Will it just bolt in place of the old one? Where can I find original styled interior and headliner? What is the cheapest place for window and door rubber. I know many people will gasp but I am street rodding this car and if anyone is interested in the original drive train let me know. I also have a few doubles of engine and tranny parts that come with the car. Thanks for any help in advance. This is a really cool site I just stumbled onto. Thanks again

when you get this info would you like to shaer some of it, since we both are in the same spot, i just inherited a 37 olds 4 door 6 cyl,i want to restore it to factory /show condition

Guest melloyello1963

I've got no problem sharing, but I hav't found much info yet. Are your interested in an extra original drive train and axels? I will cut you a heck of a deal on it.

Guest A_ngelo1971

thank you but i thinkk at this time im all set with the drive traine, i want to keep it as original as possiable, but i do know i need tail light lenses, the chrome pices that go along the side of the car and door handels

Guest melloyello1963

I've seen a few tail light lenses and maybe even door handles on ebay. I'll watch out for the chrome for ya.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 38poncho
i have only one question to ask , what does your father think of what you plan .

:D He loves the plan. ;)

Nick, glad you sold the '53 and are building the '37.

Can't wait to get my '38 Pontiac home.

Guest melloyello1963

Thanks. Congrats on your new purchase. I got the car home saturday and now I new to sell a ton of parts. Anyone interesed? $500 buys motor, tranny, front suspension, rear end, drive shaft, two spare trannys, 2 extra axles, 1 extra set of brakes for the whole car, a couple of flywheels, and whatever else I don't need that I find. The parts are still on the car so if someone is interested let me know and I'll pull the thing apart. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just ran across some of your correspondence in Feb. 2011. I have 37 4dr tour. sedan streetrod of sorts. Is on 1984 Olds 98 complete chassis bone stock. Great car. I need front and reat bumper guards & grille guard for 1937. If you by any chance have them and are not going to use them, I am very interrested. By the way, my car has the straight 8 grille and the

taillights are rectangular. I wonder if those items are only on a 8 car. I have seen pics of the

taillights of a concours restoration on a 37 and the taillights were round but car was 6 cyl which has the cross grill bars and my 8 car has a sorta metal mesh grille> Sure would like to know about all this. Also need fulton exterrior sun shield, 8cyl hood emblem, . If you can help with any fo this, let me know. Ken b47 kenb47@att.net thanks

Guest melloyello1963

I dont have any extras either but if i run across some I will let you know. You don't by chance have a spare trunk lid?

I'm sorry, I do not. Sure would like a lead on the 1937 tail, light lens. They are retangular and the 6 cyl ones are round if I am not mistaken, also center trunk emblem is much wider on each side than 6 cyl.

• 3 months later...

I am in need of the hood ornament for a 8 cyl 37 olds, also there were 8 cyl emblems that went on the front and rear bumpers in the center designating that it was a 8 cyl. would love to have those to complete my bumpers. Also, would love to have the two tail light lens for the 8 cyl or touring sedan (retangular one for the rear and long skinny one for the side of the rear tail light housings for the touring sedan 8 cyl. Also need a good grille guard for the front of my car to use if I cannot find the center 8 cyl emblem. If you can help with any of these, please let me know. kenb47

Edited by kenb47 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
Guest johnm

Hi. I am new to this site. Find it Very interesting. My Brother and I just bougt a 1936 Olds 3 Window coupe. We are looking for a set of doors , a grill , trunk lid and headlights. Doors are most important. Let me know if anyone has any. Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest inlineNmine

I am unsure if my last message went through. I am interested in a transmission for my 37 Pontiac coupe. I am willing to pay any shipping costs and a fair price for the part. I am in need of the original 3 speed on the floor transmission, and I am hoping this is what you have extra of. Please let me know, thank you Brady. I live in St. George UT.

• 1 month later...
Guest OldsDude
Motor and tranny out. Anyone interested? $500 Obo.

Do you still have engine, tranny & parts? I am looking for 8 cylinder previously running engine