Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

Dandy Dave

How you folks like the view? The photos do no justice to how steep it is. He has a skid steer loader but it slides around and likes to flop on it's side from time to time. LOL.. 2cnd to last photo is a low spot that likes to drift in. I've moved drifts out of that spot that were 6 foot high in the past. Lots of steep banks all around. Must be a good 3/4ths a mile off of the main road to the top of the hill. Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143142961541_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143142961507_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143142961513_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143142961519_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143142961524_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143142961529_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143142961536_thumb.jpg

How you folks like the view? The photos do no justice to how steep it is. He has a skid steer loader but it slides around and likes to flop on it's side from time to time. LOL.. 2cnd to last photo is a low spot that likes to drift in. I've moved drifts out of that spot that were 6 foot high in the past. Lots of steep banks all around. Must be a good 3/4ths a mile off of the main road to the top of the hill. Dandy Dave!

Dandy Dave,

I love the last shot! There is some beauty there, especially looking outside sitting by the fireplace with a 7&7. ;)

Not so much I imagine when doing the slip & slide dealing with 6 foot drifts! :eek:

Dandy Dave,

I love the last shot! There is some beauty there, especially looking outside sitting by the fireplace with a 7&7. ;)

Not so much I imagine when doing the slip & slide dealing with 6 foot drifts! :eek:

Mind you now, The Buick Snow Master Glides right though, and puts that Skid Steer up right, and in its place. ;) Dandy Dave!

Mind you now, The Buick Snow Master Glides right though, and puts that Skid Steer up right, and in its place. ;) Dandy Dave!

Yep! A clear example of "use the right equipment" for the job!;)

None the less, here's wishing you be safe out there!

Here are some shots I took of the drive today after plowing. I should have made one more pass but it was getting late and suppose to snow tomorrow again so I'll get it then.

The green photos are the driveway when I was starting to cut it back before winter. Good thing I got it cut back. Could you imagine trying to plow it before I cut it?

post-43003-143142961573_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142961546_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142961549_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142961551_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142961554_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142961556_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142961558_thumb.jpg

post-43003-14314296156_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142961562_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142961564_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142961566_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142961567_thumb.jpg

post-43003-14314296157_thumb.jpg

Yep. Definitely a good thing you cut it Back. I hate tree branches scrapping against the windows, sides, and roof of what ever I am driving. The more room you have to push this white stuff back, the better. You never know what year the Big pileups are coming. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Guest Skyking
I loved everyone's photos. I lived in Iowa until 2000 and remember winters like this. Pam and I left Iowa 15 min after I retired. I don't miss it. It was 68 degrees in College Station this past week end. Bob Smits

It's beyond me how anyone retired can live with that stress.

Here are some shots I took of the drive today after plowing. I should have made one more pass but it was getting late and suppose to snow tomorrow again so I'll get it then.

The green photos are the driveway when I was starting to cut it back before winter. Good thing I got it cut back. Could you imagine trying to plow it before I cut it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]293856[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293865[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293864[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293863[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293862[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293860[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293859[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293858[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293857[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293866[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293867[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293868[/ATTACH]

Next time it snows (at least 10") call me. My new plow will do the job in about one minute.

Mine doesn't even know there is snow in front of it. I'v been out playing with it all day. Lots of fun. :):):)

(87 Ford L8000)

I'll take the agility of my machine. Lots of tight corners and I can about turn it on a dime plus I can pick the banks up and move them. You can't do that with a plow. I Sure am glad I bought something equipped with a loader and not just a plow.

The first day after closing I had to come in and open everything up that didn't get plowed when we got the first 16 inches of heavy wet snow that then froze in November and they couldn't move around with a brand new diesel wrecker and a boss Vplow. They were able to make one track up and just enough room to turn around to get back down.

It's nice not having to pay registration and insurance fees plus pass state inspection every year with it as well.

It'll be handy to have this summer as well to drag the chipper around and fix the yard. I still have lots of trees to cut and my wife wants to put a lawn in.

Next time it snows (at least 10") call me. My new plow will do the job in about one minute.

Mine doesn't even know there is snow in front of it. I'v been out playing with it all day. Lots of fun. :):):)

(87 Ford L8000)

Roger, You better have 4 wheel Drive, and chains on all four wheels. Even then I can see that big old Diesel highway truck slid over the bank. I would not take the 1957 FWD that I use to drive up that Driveway that I do for the neighbor. Come and visit me some time and I'll show you that driveway first hand. The photos do no Justice to how steep it is, or how sharp the corners are. On Ice, You would slide off of the bank and roll over. I've seen a 4 wheel drive skid steer with tracks on it slide around on that hill. I had to get it upright for the owner a time or too also. Dandy Dave!

This thread has been going on for 5 years and you guys aren't having fun in the snow yet. Where are the snow mobiles and V8 powered snow blowers? Last time I went to Wisconsin to go snow mobiling I bought a barn find. When we get snow here (Rarely lasts), I go out and play.

post-32318-143142962314_thumb.jpg

I like you Marty. It just takes some of us longer to get smart enough to get out of the not so great north east. Dandy Dave!

I like all Y'all, and welcome any visitors.

Larry came down last winter and enjoyed the local food, even if it was cooler than normal.

I grew up in North Jersey and got tired of getting to work with slush in my socks.

My wife grew up in New Orleans - and I love it here, but we visit up north in the summer !!

• 2 weeks later...

Another round for the North East. Storm #6 coming though. They have even called in the National Guard to help with snow removal in the most buried towns out east. Looks like the only way to get rid of it is with loaders and dump trucks in the most populated areas. And then the cold coming from the Arctic. Calling for -11F here. Enough of this already. Stay warm my old car pals. Dandy Dave!

I've got the fuel can in my truck. Got to stop and get more fuel for the tractor today. My diesel truck doesn't like the -15. I lose turbo boost driving down the road with the wind chill until the engine really warms up. According to my scanner it's a Map sensor. I think that controls the Variable turbo with a solenoid. Maybe the sensor gets so cold it stops working? Only does it when it gets bitter cold driving down the road. I've been buying fuel at a very busy stations and adding my own Kerosene as well. The one time I didn't add a full 5 gallons of Kero to a full tank I started jelling up and had to add 911. Ridiculous. That's with adding fuel conditioner at every fill up as well. I think I'm going to move the chipper a little further in the garage to see if I can get the truck in to get it out of the wind. They are saying wind chill up to -50 on Monday. Maybe 1-6 inches out of this storm as well.

It's time for a little global warming please.

Got fairly nasty here last nite, minus 42 windchills with minus 30 temps... still only have about a foot of snow though. Might take my vintage 81 Yamaha sled out for a run this afternoon. When I fill up our bulk fuel tanks in Dec. I add conditioner right in the tank every year. So far no probs with the fuel (touch wood), but it's winter fuel delivered up here.

So far it has been a good winter in southern Ontario as we have only had 30% of our normal snow fall. Different story for last year when we had no hydro for 6 days in Dec. Then the blown engine in my diesel tractor in January would have covered the cost to spend the winter down south and no snow to plow.

A few years ago,,I found to put fuel in a glass jar,,then fill,,,

Leave he jar outside overnite,,and look in the morning,,

Three problems,,,

1= WAX,,,about 3/8'' white soft look like the wax on a jelly jar

2= Water,,!!,,Not at the bottom,,,,BUT fine crystals,,hold

it up to the light and it looks like a minerature snowstorm,,!!

3= Jell,,,,Hold up to the light and you can faintly see ,,,,,

LOOKS sorta like desert-- Jello,,

At one time the wholesaler was adding 50% K-1,,,

I jelled up at 50mph on the road,,cold air hit the tank

Un-fun,,,Ben

Spring never seems to really arrive here until the end of April, beginning of May, if we are Lucky. Sometimes I've driven to the Rhinebeck Meet(First Weekend in May) with temps in the 30's in the morning. Dandy Dave.

Spring somehow manages to make it by Rhinebeck. sometimes not until a couple days before but I think that's why it's one of my favorite shows. Where as Hershey, Bennington etc. are all in the fall so you go knowing your car time is running out. With Rhinebeck it's just starting and if you don't get your car up and going there will always be another nice day to get to it. With the others, that may be the last day. LOL

It depends on the amount of water and the temperature. Where we live water isn't a problem unless it comes in over 6 inches at a time. Snow on the other hand is around for 3 or 4 months and just keeps building.

3 inches of snow last night, suppose to be -15 tonight. Maybe freezing rain this weekend. First day above freezing in over a month. I washed my truck outside with unheated water, then did my wife's truck, after I thawed the inside waterline out at my shop. It was 23. Felt warm. The sun wasn't even out.

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Yup. I be Famous. LOL... I'm just an old Country boy from the back woods that happened to be lucky enough to get a very cool early car, Enough god given talent to make it rode worthy, and end up connected with the best gang I could ever know. We call ourselves the Buick Rascals. Ahh yes, the rumors are true. We are a private club of Buick Loving misfits that keep everyone on their toes. However, Not everyone is Buick Rascal material. You have to have a thick skin and be able to take a lot of joking around. When things get tough, you have to be able to stand up for what you believe in no matter the consequences. Did I mention the weather is calling for -13 Monday Morning. Suck it up butter cup, and carry on like a good soldier. :cool: Dandy Dave!

Guest Old48Truck

Hey Dave, want to take a road trip with that Buick snowbuster and come up here to Waterford? My trees are getting shorter.

A pox on this weather. I had my '48 Chevy out yesterday before the snows came, just to give it some exercise.