Yugo Cars

Guest Kreal

Hello is anyone here a fan of or own any YUGO cars? I have many and enjoy driving them. I may sell some soon. Would like to hear from others Thanks.

Edsel,

Thanks for your reply! It is great to hear of other Yugo's out there. Yugo's are one of my favorite cars to drive, so simple, easy to maneuver and peppy.

My friend collects Yugo's with a cabrio convertible 1990 and a list of near 40 other's behind. He got me interested in these cars and I acquired several from him through trades.

I have two I may consider selling very reasonably this coming spring/summer, a 1986 with 20,000 original miles and window sticker, and a 1991 GV Plus with 30,000 miles.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest TimothyTello

Sorry I don't have Yoga cars but I love to drive it, actually one of my friend has yoga car and sometime I used to drive it.

• 2 years later...
Guest Douglas

Despite the fact that YUGO car is not so comfort and it is a car of millions of jokes,I really liked it as it was my first car I learned to drive In:)

• 2 years later...

The Yugo was late hitting the Canadian market in 1988.  I believe the model identification was slightly different; instead of 'GV', it was labeled 'GX', as I recall, and I'm not sure if any of the cabriolets were sold in Canada.

There was actually some rather stiff competition for Yugo at the time in Canada.  Lada, Skoda, Innocenti, Hyundai Pony, and the Dacia to some extent all competed in its price class.  None of these other imports were sold in the US at the time leaving Yugo in a price class all by itself.

Craig

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

i had a yugo when i was 17 years old. to this day it's the funnest car ive ever owned. Took it out in the desert on dune buggy trails, floated it, got airborn on rr tracks, and could get parking right on the beach. i'd love to have another one. or at least take a drive in one again. Top speed was supposed to be 86 mph. but i cruised at 110mph all the way from tiajuana mexico to aneheim Ca.

• 1 year later...

If by maneuverable, you mean light enough for a few young lads to pick up; and by peppy, you mean light enough to Fred Flintstone it home when the gears go out 😅.  Otherwise you and I have very different experiences with Yugo's or very different definitions of maneuverable and peppy!

But having said that, I can appreciate well maintained or restored cars of any make!  Enjoy!