please identify

Guest deanomont

Guest deanomont

I have this old car on my property. I would like to know what make and model it is. I can't seem to find any pics that match tis one. Notice the two fresh air vents below the windshield and the detail on the sun visor- this indicates to me someting different than a model A to me, but I don't have a clue. I've looked for any kind of maker mark on it and it seems that the elements have washed away any evidence. Any insight would be greatly apriciated. Thanks

Edited by deanomont (see edit history)

Guest deanomont

Ya, I'm going to say thats it. Hopefully I will be able to get those pics up soon, but that Dodge has the same ducts and visor that mine does. Thanks for your help!

Guest Jim_Edwards
Man, it sure looks just like your Dodge from those pics.. Don't you agree?

I would think it a Dodge or maybe a DeSoto but perhaps not a '31. There appears to be a slight difference in the visor embossing from the '31 Dodge.

If it is a 1930 or later Chrysler product then there might still be a serial number tag on the right (passenger) door hinge post. Serial numbers were assigned to assembly plants in ranges for each model produced to you can tell what the car model is and where it was built.

The details are not correct for 1930 or 1931 Dodge. In 1930 the vents were in front of the doors on the cowl. The 1931 has the raised detail from the windshield to the hood...the car body in question does not. The bottom corners of the windshield comes to more of a point on the '31 Dodge. I would suggest the it may be a Hupmobile or other model. The earlier Dodges had a single cowl vent on top.