Which Supercharger (early/late 6/8) is this?

alsancle

• 2 weeks later...

This is the official answer from my expert.....

The 34-35 eight-cylinder ones just had the long brass plate that said SUPERCHARGER - no Graham name.

Then in 1936 they added the Graham Script name that was used in 36-37 along with the brass SUPERCHARGER plate.

In 38-40 they still had the SUPERCHARGER plate but the Graham name was put on in block letters similar to the logo used for these years. NOt sure that this really got started in 38 - perhaps later?

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

I have a similar question - my father has this Graham Supercharger, but we are not sure what it fits. From the above, I gather that this is a later-model unit. Would this script have been used to the end of Graham production?

post-49262-143139216916_thumb.jpg

post-49262-143139217004_thumb.jpg

post-49262-143139216924_thumb.jpg

Any further advice would be appreciate. Is there much demand for a unit like this? Would it be worth our while to restore it before trying to sell it, or would most restorers rather buy it as is?

Also, what is the object that looks like an oil pressure sender?

Thanks for your help,

Jerry K

Seattle

Jerry,

The unit may or may not be rebuildable based on the condition of the gears. My advice would be to put it on ebay as is. See if it spins freely and note that in your ad. It seems that everyone that ever junked a Graham removed the blower and kept it. I've seen them go for anywhere from 100 to 600 dollars depending on condition, year and completeness. You will see at least a few of them on ebay every year.

• 11 months later...
Guest Charlie123

I have a 1936 Graham mine has 2 bolts on the intake and graham is in the casting and supercharger designed and built by graham is on an attached plate

• 1 year later...

Just adding a pic of an 8 cyl Graham supercharged for reference.

they are on the opposite side of the engine and are not belt driven.

post-100370-143142949614_thumb.jpg