AACA Eastern Spring Meet, May 19-21, 2011

Guest vjcpicard

Guest vjcpicard

A first time-ever- AACA National Meet in Vermont, May 19,20, & 21, 2011 at the Stowe Mountain Lodge destination resort, Stowe, Vermont.

Take the virtual tour of the resort at the resort's webb site- google Stowe Mountain Lodge- or call chairman Richard-Piggy-Pignatello at 802-496-5097.

Enjoy a mountain top experience with ski area views, gondola ride, and paved show car parking. Food is "Local Farm Fresh" & ice cream social with Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Local tours include Rock of Ages visitors center & quarry, Green Mountain Coffee visitors center & the Cold Hollow Cider Mill factory, and

Moorse Farm sugar shack.

126 AACA cars toured here in 2007 on the Founders tour trip. Here is your 2nd chance to visit Vermont!!!

Shalom and ciao-bye in Italian- Gene F. N, Green mountain region presidentapoliello

Thanks for following my advice Gene, make sure you check back so that you can answer questions pertaining to your meet. You will be asked a lot of questions and this thread will save you a lot of phone calls.

One answer on this forum has the potential of saving you 100 phone calls, you will be thankfull for that in the months ahead. When you get a chance, review my thread for the Canandaigua Meet and see some of the questions asked. The more that you put out now, the less you'll have to answer later. As the meet got closer I even put driving directions, and gas stations big enough where people could fit their trucks and car trailers in. This involves more work, but the attention to detail will bring huge dividends to you later on (and maybe a bulls eye:rolleyes::rolleyes:).

Hopefully with this thread you'll be able to keep your cell phone bill down below $120 for the month prior to the meet (I couldn't).:eek::eek::eek:

As I told you on the phone, give me a shout if you have a problem and I'll help you any way that I can.

Pat.

PS. I'm hoping that hunting season is over for me.....

Edited by ex98thdrill (see edit history)

Guest vjcpicard

To: Pat Thorpe

Fr: Gene Napoliello

Re: Your continued help, I nave some car projects needing completion too!

Pat Thanks , its a learning thing, isn't it, shalom and ciao, Gene

To: Pat Thorpe

Fr: Gene Napoliello

Re: Your continued help, I nave some car projects needing completion too!

Pat Thanks , its a learning thing, isn't it, shalom and ciao, Gene

YES IT IS!! If you think you're learning now, wait until May. Your phone will ring off of the hook right up until about 1pm on show day.

As for projects, I will remind you that we had put nine (9) vehicles on the show field, 2 HPOF, 2 1st Junior, and 5 Repeat Preservation Awards, and everything won the award that was being sought, as well as the time spent hoisting old glory. TO add to the drama, on the morning of the show, we lost the fuel pump on the '29 Whippet, so my dad had to borrow someone's truck, run home, grab a fuel pump that we had on hand, change it, and drive it onto the show field.

During that same meet, I had a person from my fire department, as well as me not only running the meet, but also covering any EMS issues on the show field (I'm also an EMT). I was going to bring an ambulance out of my firehouse to put on the show field, but due to territories (and politics) I couldn't do it, so I stripped all of the stuff off of one of our ambulances and put it on that golf cart. Had something happened, I had everything but IV solutions and an ambulance to address anything that could've happened.

As fate had it, at our meet everything went well, but a person took ill at our awards banquet. I've known this individual for quite a while, his wife is a sweetheart, and his wife had stayed home (several states away) while this person came up with some friends.

Because of my relationship with this person and his wife, after the banquet was over and everyone had cleared out, I went up to the hospital and stayed with him until he was released (well after 1am Sunday morning). When he got released, I then took him back to his hotel room and didn't get home until almost 2am Sunday morning. I was up until 11 Friday night, and was back up at 4am on the morning of the show. Before it was all over I had gone 48 hours on four hours of sleep.

Believe it or not after it was all over I slept for the better part of two days after the meet. My dad and I have hauled cars to meets as far away as Northglenn, Colorado and him and I will both tell you that we were more worn out from our own meet than we ever have after spending days on the road going to or from a meet.

Yes Gene, you will be in for a learning experience, and if you haven't already figured it out, the National Directors, our Executive Director and the folks at AACA Headquarters are all class acts who work very, very hard. It took a national meet for me to understand that, and if you remember right, I apologized to them during my speech for taking those folks for granted all these years. Between those directors, Steve Moskowitz, the office staff, the community, our region and the neighboring regions I would've been up the creek without a paddle had it not been for all those folks.

If there's any advice that I can give you, take care of the people who take care of you....

Guest vjcpicard

Hi, AACA members!

Was just to Stowe and Mount Mansfield, the highest peak in VT. What a beautiful day & mountain top views for our AACA meet, shalom and ciao, Gene Napoliello,

Green Mountain Region president.

• 2 months later...

I'm looking for more Meet information at Stowe. I could not find a brochure, I'm sure someone will show me the way. I do understand from the Annual Meeting that the host hotel is almost completely filled. So, how close are the other hotels? How close is the airport that I will undoubtable arrive at?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

Update!

I have found that the Burlington VT airport is the nearest international airport from Stowe, about 36 miles, and they do have rental cars available.

There are ample hotels in the area, in case the host hotel fills up, a good possibility. Off season too, so they are reasonable.

Thanks,

Wayne

• 1 month later...
Guest dbkriebel

Noticed I did here anything back on the meet registration I sent in about 5 weeks ago, then noticed the SASE on the registration form copy I have, oops!

Anyway to find out from someone if I am registered? Who would one contact?

Thanks, dbk

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum.

If your check cleared, you are registered. If your check has not cleared the bank you might want to send a private message to forum member "vjcpicard". I am sure he could check for you. You can click on his user name in the first post of this discussion and bring up a drop down menu that will allow you to send him a private message.

Guest dbkriebel

Thanks for the input, checked was deposited. Will be taking the hemi up for a good time, and hopefully a senior.