Spam Pie

MrEarl

I'm tired of winter - it's 5 below with a 20 to 30 below wind chill - don't want to go outside - what to do? I re-read all of the posts on this thread. Had several good laughs. Feeling better. Remember "Vita Brevis, Spammis Longa". Loose translation - Life is short - Spam never expires!

We're 2 counties south of you. 14 right now-8 below by 7am tomorrow- A good fireplace and beer drinking day!

Yeah, Winter... Calling for -12 later on today/ tonight. Wind blowing hard enough to blow an Old Salt off of the deck of a Frigate. Keep the logs on the fire, and the Spam handy. Dandy Dave!

Perhaps the cayenne and jalapeno-infused Spam and Cheese might help y'all git warmed up a bit? Carefull with the Al K. Haul, though, as it might ignite! Better to use a good bourbon that might carmelize rather than "clear" stuff, for a better taste. (These comments are not meant to appease, cure, or fix any physical condition, but they might initiate a few of their own if used too intensely. Use at your own risk.)

Enjoy!

NTX5467

• 2 weeks later...

One of my earliest memories of clowning was when my dad pulled our 48 Special up to the gate of a cow pasture and told my brother to get out and let the barbed wire gate down. After my brother closed the gate and got back in the car, Dad commenced to clowning all over the pasture, in amongst the cows, slinging cowpie everywhere. I remember standing in the back floor board holding on to the robe cord laughing like crazy. When we got home, me and my brother had to wash all the cowpie and mud out from under the Buick.
Another time my mom had been naggin my dad with "let's go for a spin, come on take us for a spin honey" Finally my dad said "Ok, pile in, let's go for a spin" There was a big oak tree in the front yard dad always parked the Buick under. Dad floorboarded the old Special and spun around and around that old oak tree at least 5-6 times, my mom just a screaming at him, but fun screamin. After the dust settled he just got out of the car, said "There ya go, is that enough spinnin for you" and went back in the house and watched tv. Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Marty, I figured you would be more of a Big Band era type. Must be younger than I thought. :D

Actually Ben, I had a bologna sandwich for lunch. Fried in the skillet from the country ham I had for breakfast. I called it a Blam sandwich.

and yep, slow cold icy day, can't work on the Buick Sales and Service Garage so just playin on the computer.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Lamar,

I am a big band type,

Over the years I've played with some of the most famous ones, but having grown (groan?) up IN THE 1950S, We were the Rock 'n Roll generation - when it started. Actually I enjoy just about all kinds of music, and have played most of it over the years.

P1010319_zpse4o0zctw.jpg

Hey Elvis, wanna hear a joke?

P1010320_zpsqfrtlprw.jpg

A blind man and his dog walks into a bar and the blind man starts swinging his dog around and around his head. The barkeep says, "What are you doing?" The blind man replies, "Nothing I'm just looking around!?

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

P1010321_zpszwz8tsun.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I will most likely have a pizza pie with apple pie a la mode.

I read a naysayer on another site saying that the PM version doesn't work due to the 24 hour clock.

What? I have never once in my life said it was 21:23.

Shut up, stupid internet, ruining my Pi second.

Had some Hillbilly's down the road from me years ago. They liked old time and left their clock there year round. Did not see no use in this here Daylight Savings Time. They referred to it as, "wer new time." Better on the cows that way as they were accustomed to being milked a certain time. So, does that mean there is actually 4 chances to eat a Georgia Peach Pie on Pi day. Might just as well cut er in quarters and go for it just to be safe. ;) Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

That's a neat "circular casserole", JohnD. Hope that's not GMO corn!

Television commercial with Sir Spamalot now proclaims "Wake up those eggs with SPAM!" Good thing those eggs are "cooked" as they might otherwise run away.

I wonder how many have eaten a slice of Pi in each worldly time zone on 3-14? (Might need for "rounding rules" to apply?)

• 2 weeks later...