for sale 1938 plymouth engine

Guest Grandpa Marc

Guest Grandpa Marc

I have a1938 plymouth engine that is just the block with the head,pan.This was a very early rebuild from some time ago.I had it in my 38 coupe.The engine ran good.I sold most of the parts off it.I also have a 39 trans,a good redone clutch,a good rear end {If I remember right,I beleive I did the bakes and has new cylinders} I think I have some new brake cylinders also. I have a 16 inch wheel{maybe more then one} I have a 39 steering colum. I am located in Hendersonville,N.C.

• 1 month later...
Guest Grandpa Marc

Hi,The engine will run and was running when I took it out.There is more on the engine then I remembered.I would sell the engine and clutch for $ 500.Did you contact me before and did I send you photos? Best regards,Marc

Guest Calicabron

Never contacted you before just noticed this site a few days ago. So far glad I did. I'd love to see pictures of what you have.

Eddie

Guest Grandpa Marc

HI Eddie,This was a engine that was rebuilt many years ago by a pro builder and was in my 38 Plymouth.I got hold of the running gear for a 39 that a friend had and was building a street rod.I rebuilt that engine and swapped with the one in my car.The engine ran fine,I just wanted to have two good ones for a spare.I later traded the car for something else and sold some of the parts that I still had.The engine has been sitting for some years in my garage.Send me your e mail and I will foward some pics.It is not complete but nothing you would'nt be able to find.Best regards,Marc

Guest daveagain909

Grandpa, I think I might know you , I have a question on the engin, transmiswsion you have for the 38 plymouth. I am buying a 36 chrysler that the current owner took off the overdrive and and the car does not run , I believe the engine is in solid shape but unknown at this time. I was wondering if the engine and transmission would work as a replacement in the 36 chrysler 4 door humpback? If so I might buy the whole drive you have, Please call me at 919 607 2388 to discuss. Dave

Guest Grandpa Marc

Hi Dave,I am not positive,but my running gear might work in your car.I am sure there are guys on the forum that can give you a more knowledgable answer.I don't have long distance service on my phone.You can contact me on my email at .......folsmont@hughes.net.or here or I can receive incoming long distance at .....828 685 8520.Best time to reach me is after six in the evening.Best regards,Marc

Guest Calicabron

wait a minute I asked about the engine first. I'm working on the logistics of getting the engine to california. Are you seriously going to turn around and sell it to someone else?

Guest Grandpa Marc

HI,Sorry I did not get right back to you.My computer crashed and I am still trying to get everything working again.As to the engine,nothing is sold or a done deal untill a deposit is put on it.So far no one has done so and it is still for sale.Best regards,Marc