Rolf Burdette passing

peecher

Guest Harry Connors

While I never got to meet him in person we exchanged a lot of emails and we developed a friendship. He was always a great source of information and parts. If he did not have them he tried to find them or referred me to whomever had them. He will be missed. Harry

Guest DADDIO65

Rolf, may you rest in peace my friend. You will be greatly missed... but always remembered for your williness to help others with a smile and a personality second to none.... Thank you for your friendship, and the honor of learning from one of the best. You will be missed..

Over the past 10 (or so) years, Rolf e-mailed me several of his old photos. I scanned them, cleaned them up using Adobe Photoshop, and returned them to him.

I still have copies of most of them on my computer - too many to post on this forum. However, I have started constructing a Webshots Screen Saver Photo album of them at:

Rolf Burdette-Gone but not forgotten pictures from classic cars photos on webshots

I'll post more photos as time permits.

If any of you have some of Rolf's photos that you would be willing to share, please send them to me and I will be glad to add them.

With Respect,

Phil Knapp

post-31768-143138339099_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil Knapp (see edit history)

I did not know Rolf as well as many of you, mostly from earlier posts several years ago. Early last year, we connected via email. He was extremely knowledgeable, I found we had a lot in common. I bought parts from his ford obsolete parts store on Burbank blvd. in the '60s. Later My art studio was only two blocks from his old parts store. We both have sons with the same name, and we both share the same birthday, September 26. Attached is a photo he send me of his store. Rest in peace, Rolf

post-31184-143138339625_thumb.jpg

Guest DavidHitchinson

Spent some time at Rolf's place a couple of years ago great man sad he's gone he will be missed by me for sure.

Dave Hitch

Guest 40-41 connies

Sad to hear another person with great knowledge has passed on. Never met him, however, did pass emails to each other and he was a very nice person.

To all of the other old timers, be sure to record as much of your knowledge on our cars as possible for history and others to share.

Guest Pocket Nick

I knew Rolfe and met him around early 2005 I would think. It started out as just me doing some work on his blue Lincoln in exchange for the good running mercury flathead that was in it at the time. It was much more than just an aquaintance by the time I had brought the car back to Santa Cruz with the v12 humming up over the Santa Cruz mountains (though it was later confirmed it had 2 bad cylinders but you wouldn't know it from driving it!). He gave me loads of good advice on hopping up that flat motor and prepping it for my hot rodded model a pick up. He was definetly a good guy and I never minded any of the tales from back in the day he would tell me while on the phone or while at his place in soquel. I would like to know if services will be held for him so I can attend. If it wasn't for him my car might still be on jack stands in my parents garage in Pacifica. You can reach me on my phone at (650) 438 2301 if you have info on the memorial. Thanks guys.

Guest Pocket Nick

Thanks for finding out Dee, would have kicked myself if I missed it if there was one, still would have liked to say good bye for the last time. My friend Scott was talking with him up to a week before he passed since he's building a '41 zephyr 3 window custom out of a total basket case shell. He's the one who told me what happened but had no other info.

My computer has been down for several days.

Now that it has been resurrected, I have completed the Webshots photo album of the snapshots that Rolf sent me at:

Rolf Burdette-Gone but not forgotten pictures from classic cars photos on webshots

Some of the photos were small and in poor condition. I tried to clean them up as best I could. If anybody has any more or Rolf's photos, I will gladly add them to the album.

Phil

post-31768-143138347767_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil Knapp (see edit history)

The funny thing is just a couple of weeks ago he and I were talking about which of us was younger when we had the Lincoln! and I beat him by a year or so! He was so kind and sent me a pic. Though I never got around to buying anything, he will be sorely missed, and I told him to hang in there, and stay in the business. You know, so many old timers, who are and were my friends/aq. are dying out, this is sad, and he will be missed....