Reliability Tour

Guest 31model

I am curious about the brass T on the right in the rain photo. It sure looks like the one our late friend Doy Maston had, he named it "The Little Blue Jewel". He sold it to a couple that planned to tour with it. Dark blue body with black fenders. Can you tell me who that car belongs to? I would love to find out it was the one our friend had. He wanted someone to have it that would enjoy it as much as he had.

Not sure about the blue T Susan, do you know what year and body style? There were several. Yes, fabulous tour and more brass cars than you've seen in one place previously. It was a great week running around the back roads of S. Georgia and N. Fla. One days rain didn't dampen spirits at all. It only lasted a little while and everyone was inside eating some great fried chicken and pork chops! We're on the way home right now and will sort out and post some more pics once we get there and unpack. Susan and I had the chance to use Steve Gordon's 1913 Model T and really enjoyed it. There is a short report on U-Tube that we've enjoyed looking over.

Latest Video : The Voice

Wayne, you are right that it was a rolling tech-session. A lot of cars had some issues but only a few got parked for major probs. It was interesting to see everyone pitching during those parking lot sessions to keep everyone on the road. We had to remake a part of a fuel line and tinker with some ignition and exhaust issues so was glad to have some Model T experience, but it was amazing that as soon as we opened the hood in the parking lot, we had a crowd gathering quickly with the right tools and cold drinks.

We made a lot of new friends and all enjoyed vintage motoring at its best. When they say "Brass is beautiful" we know what they mean!!!

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)

Guest 31model

Here are three more pictures in Moultrie Ga. on Friday. In this airplane hangar they were manufacturing airplanes, quite an operation. This was a good place to line up the cars.

DSCN1241.jpg

DSCN1240.jpg

DSCN1239.jpg

Yes this tour was a lot of fun! Unfortunately I was one of the casualties. There is a picture of my 1915 Oldsmobile being towed in behind th etrailor with the Overland on it. The Velie in the rain was a pretty much original car with original paint on it. It finished the whole tour. Out of all the bright shiny restored cars it stuck out and was my favorite car in the tour.

post-53524-143138340136_thumb.jpg

post-53524-14313834014_thumb.jpg