My Buick, My Love and I

stealthbob

I made a vid compiling images of old Buick adds with a neat old Buick tune...it was posted earlier but was burried in a long thread.

Thanks to all you Buick people who inspire me to complete my project.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N5kEpsXtYKo" frameborder="0" height="510" width="640"></iframe>

Thanks guys...I had a ball making it, I love the tune. MrEarl sent it my way when we were making the "Music for Buick lovers" CD

You know Les, I did notice that it was missing the '53 and I thought of you. If I had an image in this add style I would certainly have used it.

....just be glad it wasn't all 1954's :P

This is excellent, Bob! I especially love the wonderful Art Fitzpatrick / Van Kaufman advertising artwork Buick used during the 1954 - 1957 era. It is unfortunate, perhaps, that Edward T. Ragsdale failed to appreciate their fine work when he assumed the role of Buick's general manager. I believe that Buick lost AF / VK when Ragsdale fired the Kudner Agency from Buick's advertising account.

AF / VK went on to develop the legendary series of print ad artwork for Pontiac during the 1959 - 1971 era.

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)

It was the art that inspired me...beautiful stuff!

Lots more of it here:

Plan59 > 1950s Car Art > Index 1

I have spent hours clicking through this site over the last year.

This one is updated regularly, it just a collection of old Photos. The best part is they are huge in resolution so they can be printed.:

Shorpy Historic Photo Archive | Vintage Fine Art Prints

Thanks guys...I had a ball making it, I love the tune. MrEarl sent it my way when we were making the "Music for Buick lovers" CD

Ok, where can I pick up this extremely popular CD? Even though my Buick doesn't have a CD player, I WANT ONE!

• 4 months later...
Guest Kingoftheroad

Great Video !!

I thought I recognized the song and I did. I remember seeing a video with Milton Berle singing the same song on his show.

Edited by Kingoftheroad (see edit history)