Can anyone identify this car?

Guest mskrotzki

Guest mskrotzki

This car has 1917 Colorado license plates (# 8401.) The pictures were probably taken in the mountains close to Denver.

I have exhausted the public library (3 people had a ball trying, however) and they sent me to the State Archives. I'll try the archives tomorrow.

In the mean time, if anyone can tell me what this is, I would be deeply appreciative.

Let me know if I can provide additional information

Mark

post-71118-143138335229_thumb.jpg

post-71118-143138335235_thumb.jpg

Guest mskrotzki

You guys are great! I think I may have answered my own question and West Peterson is on the right track. Remember the license plate on this car is 1917. I found an ad for a 1915 Paige Six 46 and a lot of items match:

The unique rear window, the tips of the front fenders, the curve of the bottom of the windshield, the top bracing, the raked louvers on the hood and shape of the cowl, the wheels, the "V" shaped radiator, etc.

This picture is of a 1915 and has no lettering on the radiator. If you look closely at the originally submitted picture you can make out a "GE" on the radiator. The 1916 Paige Six 46 has "PAIGE" lettered on its radiator, so I'm going to guess it is a 1916 Paige. I haven't found a picture of a 1917 Six 46 so I may be wrong.

Any other inputs?

Mark

post-71118-143138335244_thumb.jpg