Going to take the 58 on a little trip.

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

Tina and I are going to take a trip this week up to Albany MN then on up to Superior Wi with the 58. I really want to take it out and put a few miles on it. I am hoping to drive it to Danvers next summer if I can get the A/c fixed. Wish us luck, I am going to have my dads car trailer hooked to our pickup ready to go so my father in-law can come and rescue us if needed I alse have AAA with 200 mile towing so can get at least part way home that way if there are problems. I have been driving it some the past couple weeks and it is driving and riding like a dream, so pack up the tools, some spare parts and head north Thursday morning. Right now we are sitting in Milford Ct getting unloaded and should be headed home soon.

Guest sintid58

For awhile on the first day out I didn't think we were going to make it. The car develope a miss and was even back firing through the carb. In the end I put in plugs (had them along didn't have time to put in before the trip) found a bad spark plug wire replaced the distributor cap, put on a new gas filter, and a couple other things. For awhile on day 2 the car wouldn't start at all, I had parked in a Napa parking lot in Albany MN. After it wouldn't start I pulled off the dist cap again and found a broken wire going to the coil, (which was repalced also). Not exactly sure which one fixed the miss but it ran great the rest of the trip and the last tank of gas I ran through we got a little over 15 mpg. Found a few things that are going to need to be done before we go to Danvers next summer and that is a good thing.

Guest sintid58

980 miles total and it was a very fun trip even with the problems. Danvers is around 1300 one way but we plan on some detours along the way. Out of the 48 contiguous states there are 4 I haven't been in and they are all in the Northeast. So on the way to Danvers we want to go up through Vermont New Hampshire and Maine and the while there take a short day trip to Rhode Island. I have got a list of things that will need to be done on the 58 before we go, lower ball joints, A/C repaired front end aligned, new shocks (my front end man says they are all original), and normal maintenance. If I can't get it all done then we will probably taker the 70 Riviera.