The first `55 4 Dr HT - Concept

progoofoff

I have to say I am very disappointed in my picture taking...I missed many very nice cars, including some of the "Must haves" like Bob's cars. I did get one of me and Lady Landau though.

I guess I was so taken with all the eye candy that I was Buick Drunk. post-62521-143139089511_thumb.gif

In all I learned a lot about how a National is done and will be better prepared for South Bend. post-62521-143139089507_thumb.gif

Edited by stealthbob (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
There`s another somewhat strange series number. 42. I heard but without proof it was a Chevrolet body on Special chassis. I think around 1949.

Anyone familar with the series 42?

Bob

I am a day late and a dollar short on this question but has anyone came up with an answer? I know that early 1951 Buick brochures showed a Special 4-Door Tourback Sedan as model 42 but it, along with a couple other models in the brochure, were never produced.

Thing I find strange about a Buick being on a Chevy chassis is that Chevy did not use the X-braced frame like Buick which was a heavier and more powerful car.

If anyone has an answer, please post and please post the Model 42 they are thinking about, unless the 1951 is it? I may have a copy of that one in a pdf file and could extract to post?

Eric

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Is this Bob's '55 Century Concept?

The photo below was taken at the 1955 Chicago Auto Show.

Is this Bob's Buick?

It appears to be two tone, but can't say for certain.

Probably not, there is dark paint below the sweepspear (how do you spell 3-tone?)

• 1 month later...
Bob,

Really nice! Makes me wanna paint! And fix stainless trim! And assemble! Nice video of a great car!

...makes me wanna load up all my cars and take to Honest Charley's.

I followed this restoration through youtube videos as it progressed. No corners cut here.

Guest shadetree77

No kiddin' Lamar! I've been in Honest Charley's twice and they've had a Buick in the main bay both times. Top notch work going on in that place.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...