The first `55 4 Dr HT - Concept

progoofoff

Where do you find the time...I would love to learn the way of your goofoffery. Teach me o'l wise one. training1.gif

Bob...you haven't met the man...you may want to hold off on requests like these at least until you hear what the man who towed the Landau in that fancy new Ford with the pro goof-off singing along to Buickful music.

Looks orange to me...on my screen...but then what do I know?

• 2 weeks later...
I have a solution to hauling the `55. The Century will go in the toy trailer, just barely.

I`ve yet to figure out the graphics for it.

Anyone have an idea?

Just the sweep spear and 4 portholes...

Just put "Bob's Beautiful Buicks" with or without plural with a cartoon car. I've seen something similar before and it was great.

I've been debating adding something to my hauler, but keep bouncing between not wanting folks to know exactly what is in there and telling the world the contents.

I have a solution to hauling the `55. The Century will go in the toy trailer, just barely.

I`ve yet to figure out the graphics for it.

Anyone have an idea?

It's too bad there isn't white below the sweepspear.

Combined with John D's suggestion, it'd be cool to paint the sweepspear (to the proportion of the trailer) THEN paint Cherokee Red above and Dover White below, making a two-tone trailer....with portholes, of course!

• 2 weeks later...
It's too bad there isn't white below the sweepspear.

Combined with John D's suggestion, it'd be cool to paint the sweepspear (to the proportion of the trailer) THEN paint Cherokee Red above and Dover White below, making a two-tone trailer....with portholes, of course!

I wonder what it would cost to do half of the trailer in Cherokee Red? Probably huge!!! I bet for the money you could have plastic decals made and just paste em on the trailer.

Guest David_Temple

Until reading this thread I did not know XP stood for "experimental production" but guessed it may have meant "experimental project" or "experimental program." A few months before Chuck Jordan passed away I asked him about "SO" and he was absolutely certain it meant "shop order." Jordan should have known; he headed two Motorama design projects, the 1955 GMC L'Universelle and the 1956 Buick Centurion. However, evidently in some cases "SO" did also mean "special order." The latter seems to have been the case with production cars unusually equipped. When writing my book, "GM's Motorama," I tried obtaining all the relevant "XP" and "SO" numbers, but came up well short. Some cars may not have had both.

Really looking good. Somebody must have put in a power antenna before because that is how you do it...not after you put on the fender (don't ask how I know this...). I also noticed the absolutely correct voltage regulator with the screws in the corners. Details, details, details...it should be ready in 2 weeks or less since it will literally fall together at this point.

Willie

Getting to look like a `55 Buick again. The guys at Honest Charley Garage have

done an outstanding job. The glass installation has beem subbed out and they

are working at night and HC boys are on it during the day. I`m told this will

ensure completion at the end of next week.

Thanks for editing the pic, Bob. All were about the same.

Just cleaned the gauges.

post-30661-143138656103_thumb.jpg

post-30661-143138656106_thumb.jpg

post-30661-143138656154_thumb.jpg

post-30661-1431386562_thumb.jpg

post-30661-143138656203_thumb.jpg

Edited by progoofoff (see edit history)

A 55 Buick SKYLARK, THAT is a one of. ;)

did your hear in # 4, he said FITTY FIBE, did you hear it? I like that guy sound's like he's from the same part of the country as me. And Bob, what do they call you? Bob...Uncle Bob???

Looks like they're doin an awesome job. Really amazing how quick they have gotten it back together. Better check the front bottom lip of the hood though. looked like they may have scrubbed it when trying to line up the hood. then somebody was buffin it. all caught on camera.;)

any way's sounds like ol UncleBob is READY TO ROCK AND ROLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! :D

Edited by MrEarl
figured out the Uncle Bob part (see edit history)