34 Chrysler Airflow CU Brakes

Guest n29we

Hi all - I'm new to the forum. I just got a 34 CU that has been sitting inside and unmoved for about 40 years. Started digging into the brakes and found the brake cylinders are frozen/rusted inoperative. Any ideas as to where or who might have rebuilt or can rebuild thes old units? Any replacement later models brake cylinders that might work? the engine runs but without brakes I'm stuck. I'm open to any ideas:confused::confused:. Thanks - Jim O

Hi all - I'm new to the forum. I just got a 34 CU that has been sitting inside and unmoved for about 40 years. Started digging into the brakes and found the brake cylinders are frozen/rusted inoperative. Any ideas as to where or who might have rebuilt or can rebuild thes old units? Any replacement later models brake cylinders that might work? the engine runs but without brakes I'm stuck. I'm open to any ideas:confused::confused:. Thanks - Jim O

Try Apple Hydraulics for brake wheel cylinders.

You may well be able to rebuild your existing wheel cylinders, but a new master cylinder (still available) is recommended as it is so safety critical. You can rebuild all the cylinders provided the bores are good enough. All the rubber kits are available locally.

My SE has different bore sizes at each end of the rear wheel cylinders for the "leading and trailing" shoes. I suspect yours will be similar.

Once set up, the brakes are superb.

Adam..

• 4 months later...

I have just reconditioned my cu brakes with stainless steel sleeves, however front right slave had a hairline crack and the fluid has leaked past. Only found after being returned to shop for the 3rd time! Any recommendations? Where can I source a replacement?

Reg

Australia

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

Hi Reg,

I may be able to help you out with a core wheel cylinder that you could get sleeved in stainless steel.

Let me check at weekend and I will contact you or better still you contact me via mobile 0417454402 maybe Sunday evening or use my landline at 03 5941 3829.

By the way do you have a good CU/CV exhaust manifold that you would be willing to trade with a cash adjustment?

Regards

John Spinks

Melbourne