Please introduce yourself...

Guest RockabillyRider

Thanks very much Buick Racer! Wont have the car at home for another 2 weeks, but the days she arrives I'm ready!

Guest RockabillyRider

Hey First Born, thanks very much. I do have some questions, but I'll post 'em in the right forum. :D

Guest knuckle head

where in Quebec are you... A fellow in Ottawa has some pieces, and vends at local shows including Kingston.

Many more Canadians here as well

Welcom

Hi All, I'm Jim and now a Buick owner. I'm an old retired guy from a little town north of Pittsburgh PA. A week ago I came across a '65 Buick that has set since 1990. ...................... I'm soaking the top of the cylinders with mystery marvel oil and it should be ready to turn over tomarrow. Wish me luck!
Good Luck!!

Good move with the Marvel Mystery oil there!!

Guest RockabillyRider
where in Quebec are you... A fellow in Ottawa has some pieces, and vends at local shows including Kingston.

Many more Canadians here as well

Welcom

Hey there! I'm more east, closer to Quebec City, in a town called Boucherville. Great place. Much better than the crowded city (cough...montreal... cough)

Ottawa isn't too far from me. Few hours. Definitely a nice drive, especially to grab some parts. Thanks for the info! By the way, what's the guy's name?

Guest RockabillyRider

Hey smithbrother, I'm too new at this myself to know. I've been reading a lot of websites that offer info on the old Buicks, but find many (most) of them are in the US. I lucked out the other day in a parts search though and found a company here in Quebec that has a lot of the parts I'm actually looking for - and they're minutes from my workplace. So I can pick 'em up.

As for 'car crazy' - well, folks up here seem less interested in the finer historics things. :(

Guest Ians56Special

Helo all,

I am a BRAND NEW member and a soon to be owner of a 1956 Buick Special. I have a love and passion for cars (classic, new, sporty and cruisers) and hope to learn as much as I can about the Buick.

My MIL is slowly downsizing and gettin ready to move here to Arizona and her home out here only has room for her daily driver. She rarely drives the Buick and I've always expressed interest in buying the car from her.

I am heading up to California in September to pick it up. Though it can easily make the 12+hr drive back down to Phoenix metro, I would rather tow it down with my truck. Does anyone have any suggestions on methods I should use to tow it down here? Thanks in advance for your help and look forward to many more discussions!

Best,

Ian

Guest Romis

Hello, everybody! My name is Romans and i am from Latvia, Europe. Some time ago i started interesting about American cars. 3 years ago i bought 1952 Ford F1, this is the only one in whole Latvia with 2.2 million people living in there. I need some work to do on my F1, winters is very long here so i will have plenty to do in my garage. Other car, my this year purchase, is 1958 Buick Special 46C Convertible. No surprises - this is the only 1958 Buick Special in Latvia. :) In Latvia we have no big comunity American cars fans, this is why everything about them is slow and only place to get an information is internet and expensive cell phone bill to America :) So i am glad i found this forum! i will check this out and definately ask some questions.

P.S. Sorry for my english.

Edited by Romis (see edit history)

Guest billys

Having a hard time joing the Buick I have done it twice, frist time I herd nothing, next it said card would not process, I called the number, ansering machine, now what?

Bill

How many more just say to hell with it??

Billystoy Gobles Mi

Billy,

As a BCA Board of Director, let me apologize on behalf of the Buick Club of America for the frustrations you are having. With the online application it may have worked the first time, but I'll have to check for you. Also I am curious if you left a voicemail or just gave up when you got the answering machine? Regardless I will send you a PM to privately get your full contact info so I can inquire to see if the first time you applied online worked or if not get the office to give you a call ASAP to resolve the issue.

For anyone else reading this there is always the good old snail mail method via the attached application which can be downloaded printed and mailed (unless you are reading this well in the future and it is now out of date).

Edited by 38Buick 80C
Spelling (see edit history)

Helo all,

I am a BRAND NEW member and a soon to be owner of a 1956 Buick Special. I have a love and passion for cars (classic, new, sporty and cruisers) and hope to learn as much as I can about the Buick....I am heading up to California in September to pick it up. Though it can easily make the 12+hr drive back down to Phoenix metro, I would rather tow it down with my truck. Does anyone have any suggestions on methods I should use to tow it down here? Thanks in advance for your help and look forward to many more discussions!

Best,

Ian

If it will easily make the drive, then leave the truck home. You'll really love that car ( or hate it) when you get it home. Of course I say that from the comfort of my airconditioned house. But really, 56's are great highway cars. Wing vent windows and vents open provide a cruise many will never know today. Don't deny yourself that pleasure.

BTW, Welcome to the group on this Forum, and pictures...we like pictures

Guest c41chevy

My name is Carl have always loved Buicks and am pick on that I am the only one they know that can look at a car 200 yards away and say I like that one and when it get close it is always a Buick. My first car was a 1972 Skylark custom. And still get sad that I sold it back in the mid 80's. I currenlty own a 54 Century that was in the process of restoring it. It was already in pieces when I got. The gentleman passed before he could restore it and it was headed for the scrap yard. So to say the least this is a major challenge for me becuase I have not worked with any thing in the 50's. I am hoping to gain knowledge and where I can get detailed manuals. Also this is the first forum that I have joined.

WELCOME Carl. Sounds like you've got an eye for Buicks and since you just picked up a fitty fo Centry, I'd say it is a pretty good eye. You've certainly come to the right place for technical assistance as well as camaraderie amongst a bunch of great guys and and even a gal or two. Welcome aboard and hope you'll make this a regular pit stop for some ethanol free discussion. Where you from? I'm figurin the east coast?

Guest chevy_dude97

Hello guys, New to Buicks as my first is a 51 Super. I plan on making it a weekly "Local" carshow car. I am an Aircraft mechanic in the AF and am currently stationed out at JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam. I found my beauty on the local craigslist waiting to be polished up. The car was originally a Wisconsin car and had been shipped out here 2 years ago. I did pay a bit over normal prices for a 4 door but I do not believe there are too many others on the island plus its really slim picking here. I want to thank everyone for the help already and hope I can contribute to this site as much as I can. I have 15+ years vehicle maintenance and 10+ Aviation, I have restored a 1968 ElCamino SS and pieced together a 1972 Chevelle SS "clone".

I had been traversing my DD to car shows locally but have too many kids now and need 2 vehicles to do the weekly meets(camaros are not kid friendly) So when I seen this I could not resist! 6 passengers...lol

Guest morerevsm3

Hi all, live in Australia, have a 1927 27-25 tourer that I inherited when my father passed away, he bought it as a wreck in 1968 and restored it over the following 8 years, I learnt to drive in a 1926 Buick buckboard in 1969 (car cut down into a traytop) that he bought for spares and was driveable, at the ripe old age of 5, gas pedal had to be extended so I could reach, I can remember using the steering wheel to get enough force (with both feet) to push the clutch in, put it in 1st gear, give it some revs with the hand throttle, and let the clutch pretty much push me back on the seat.

the buckboard and a 1926 hearse (also in good driveable condition) were sold just before restoration was complete, but still have almost 2 cars worth of spares, shop manual, parts manual and operators manual. also have some 26 manuals, and a 23 6 cyl manual and a carb for one as well, the car broke down on his way home from the 2000 Bay to Birdwood rally (biggest vintage car event in southern hemisphere) and got towed home where it sat until 18 months ago when Dad said to me I should take it, and get some use out of it, he started looking for cause of the breakdown, and I took a few trailer loads of spares the 500 miles back to my place, unfortunately, he passed away before he found the problem, I tried to get it sorted for his funeral, found the cause of the problem but ran out of time to fix it, after getting it on the trailer, and towed it home, I set about finding a Marvel carb that I needed a float pivot pin out of, tracked one down 2 hours drive away, and purchased the carb and a vacuum tank, tank on car was a little rusty inside, so built one out of the 2, fitted the float pivot, primed it up, and now runs beutifully again, got club registation and have had it out and about a few times now, there are pics in "me and my Buick section if anyone is interested, this place seems a great resource of information, and look forward to participating where I can

cheers

there are pics in "me and my Buick section if anyone is interested, this place seems a great resource of information, and look forward to participating where I can

cheers

Welcome Alan. Please allow me to express condolences on the loss of your Dad. Your Dad sounds very special and I bet he would be happy to see you got the 27 running nicely again.

Super car. I can't imagine driving a 26 at the age of five. Your story of how you managed the clutch is great.

Just yesterday I had a chance to ride in a new Buick Regal GS with the factory 6 speed transmission. Heard the clutch pedal was light with no resistance. And they devised a hill holding feature where you hit the electronic parking brake and then when you have the right combination of clutch grab abd engine revs, it releases the parking brake automatically. Sheesh! Takes all the fun right out of it if you ask me. But it does go like lightening!

Anyway, I digress. Welcome to this forum. Feel free to pop into any ongoing discussion.

Welcome Carl. Looks like you may have to think about changing your handle here. LOL... Let us know when you have need for information. And right off the bat, when you drive it the first time, do not expect the tranny to shift like a regular automatic. And know that this is OKay...

Hello all, my name is Joseph.

I purchased a 1964 Buick Electra 225 Saturday and I can't wait to restore her and get her back on the road. Just wanted to stop in and say hello!

Here is how we found her... :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]149555[/ATTACH]

This is what she looks like after one day and a bath!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]149556[/ATTACH]

Edited by trafalger (see edit history)

I'm back still no number missed a few shows, I think I'll stick with the street rodders NSRA they like green,

Billys,

What is your full name so we can attempt to locate the membership application for you. If you want, you can PM it to me, along with your contact information.

I'm back still no number missed a few shows, I think I'll stick with the street rodders NSRA they like green,

OK Bill your BCA number is 46712. Welcome to the BCA. You should receive a letter shortly with your membership info and the BCA decal and membership card. You will receive your first Bugle shortly as well.

Guest llerrob

Hello from llerrob, I think I'm lost. Please help.

I have a Buick front axle assembly, almost complete and am trying to locate someone who could use it to help get a beautiful old Buick on the road. From pics I have looked at on the web it appears to be approxiamately a 1915. I have never been on this type of site before and don't know if I'm in the right place. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest billys

Thanks for the help. sorry for being such a pain in the A&& but I would to go a few shows. I missed South Bend IN, any way THANKS

Billystoy

Thanks for the help. sorry for being such a pain in the A&& but I would to go a few shows. I missed South Bend IN, any way THANKS

Billystoy

I am glad to help.

I not sure I understand your "missed South Bend" comment. As far as I am aware the only South Bend event the BCA has/had going at either a local, regional, or national level in South Bend is the upcoming National meet next year. For more info check 2013 BCA National Meet. So you haven't missed that by any means. So I hope we will see you there.

Hello from llerrob, I think I'm lost. Please help.

I have a Buick front axle assembly, almost complete and am trying to locate someone who could use it to help get a beautiful old Buick on the road. From pics I have looked at on the web it appears to be approxiamately a 1915. I have never been on this type of site before and don't know if I'm in the right place. Any help would be appreciated.

llerob,

I know someone that might want your axle, where are you located and do you have a price in mind. Normally the Buick - Buy and Sell Forum would be the place to go for a pos such as this. If you can figure it out you can send me a Private Message. Also, I photo or two will help identify and provide an indication of conditions. Or you can e-mail me directly at j.scheib@comcast.net

John

Guest bulldog389

Hey whats up, I'm Josh. I'm a student at McPherson College majoring in automotive restoration and I just recently purchased a 1962 skylark convertible. It is in need of a complete restoration and if anyone has information, hints, or restoration pics of a 62 skylark I could use the help.

Thanks