Please introduce yourself...

Jeeeze Michael, where did you dig that up from...I haven't been called a Greek fisherman for years.....some things just never seem to die.

Michael, we've corresponded already but I'll make this the official welcome aboard post. WELCOME ABOARD!!!! As we have discussed, I may can help you with some '56 parts but fresh out of Lincoln parts. And no help with the Stutz either since I lost mine to Kenny Rogers in a singing contest in Vegas back in '82. What color is your Stutz by the way.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]289626[/ATTACH]

Now I do have a bridge up in Brooklyn New York I might consider selling.

Hello again Lamar,

nice to hear from you and thanks for helping me out. The Greek-thing is another Mike in the forum saying, not me. Anyhow, it´s nice to be in the company of AACA and you guys.

My STuTZ is white. YOU KNOW WHAT, The Stutz I got is suppsed to be the one former owned by Mr Kenny Rogers. The golden plate in the car says it was made for him but would like to have any paper to. I´m trying get some kind of certificate proving it was like that. Do you have any documentation telling this?

Thanks again and keep in touch.

Michael

post-73113-143142921925_thumb.jpg

In looking through the Stutz registry, it appears your Stutz is pretty well documented and there weren't THAT many Stutz made so........

http://www.madle.org/erogers.htm

But I take it you are looking for actual titles going back to when he originally sold it. Kenny lived only a few miles from me back in the 80's but the only car I ever remember seeing him drive around in was a Jaguar. BTW, I hope you know I was kidding about loosing the car to Kenny in a singing contest. First off, I never owned a Stutz, and even if I had I could sing him under the table anytime. "You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel"

Back to Buicks. Would love to see your '56. I am impressed that what with the caliber of other cars you collect you also decided to buy the '56 Buick, a real step up and shows you must have some class after all. ;) (again, just kidding of course) Why don't you post some pictures of the 56 down in the Me and My Buick forum. http://forums.aaca.org/f163/

It would be super if I could find a title showing Kenny as owner. Maybe a signed photo with him and the STuTZ.

About the Buick I will add some pics later on. The car needs a LOT of attention and I´ll need support from you guys. I have loved the american 50-60 all my Life and now when all kids are grown up and way from home I need something to do. But 5 cars in need of more or less attention maybe is 1 or 2 to much.

The Kenny-STuTZ is a mess, totaly rusted true in bodey and floor. Parts missing and interior in quite poor shape. The 56 Buick is in better shape even though it is 24 years older.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Here is Kenny's: http://www.madle.org/erogers.htm

There is a burned 1974 that keeps surfacing online as the car from hell. It was on Ebay around 2005 and my finger was hoovering over the buy button a whole bunch of times. I should have bought it. I would if it came up again. The Madle site is great, good spot to spend time.

Bernie

Hello, my name is Corey I live in Northern California. After a 3 yr search to find a clean 59 to work on the wife and I located one in AZ 3 yrs ago, it's been a slow and steady project and we should have it finally completed by years end. It will not be a restored car but a custom build.

post-105902-143142949872_thumb.jpg

Here is 1 pic from about 9 months ago, bagged, rockers have been stretched and had a body line added, Ls2 with a 4l80e installed. I'll get a couple more posted later.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest colonel

Gentlemen, I am Alex, 45 and just signed up.

I´ve owned a couple of go-fast cars (and still do), vintage Corvettes, a classic truck and a Wrangler to go off-road. I now decided I need a Boattail, for whatever reason ...

Although I will go thru the sections one by one you may find me asking noob´s questions once in a while and I hope for your patience. A link or hint to the desired answer will be highly appreciated.

Hello, my name is Corey I live in Northern California. After a 3 yr search to find a clean 59 to work on the wife and I located one in AZ 3 yrs ago, it's been a slow and steady project and we should have it finally completed by years end. It will not be a restored car but a custom build.

Corey, welcome aboard and hope to see and hear more about this awesome sounding custom '59 down in the Me and My Buick forum!

Gentlemen, I am Alex, 45 and just signed up.

I´ve owned a couple of go-fast cars (and still do), vintage Corvettes, a classic truck and a Wrangler to go off-road. I now decided I need a Boattail, for whatever reason ...

Although I will go thru the sections one by one you may find me asking noob´s questions once in a while and I hope for your patience. A link or hint to the desired answer will be highly appreciated.

Welcome. We are a helpful group with smiles! ;)

What Larry said. Would love to see and hear more about the Boattail down in the Me and My Buick forum! I am sure you already know, they can be made to go fast too, Very Fast!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mansetmark

I have taken a six year voluntary holiday from driving (due to medication) and am in hopes of getting behind the wheel this Spring (2015). During the past few years I discover, and fell in love with, the 1947 Buick Roadmaster Sedan. I've been Craiglisting them all over the country, reveling in their beauty. Just the prospect of tooling around in one was enough to help me taper off from my Meds. All was good until last week...I discovered a 1951 Roadmaster Estate Wagon in deep green and full luster wood. What do I do?

I have taken a six year voluntary holiday from driving (due to medication) and am in hopes of getting behind the wheel this Spring (2015). During the past few years I discover, and fell in love with, the 1947 Buick Roadmaster Sedan. I've been Craiglisting them all over the country, reveling in their beauty. Just the prospect of tooling around in one was enough to help me taper off from my Meds. All was good until last week...I discovered a 1951 Roadmaster Estate Wagon in deep green and full luster wood. What do I do?

Buy BOTH?

Ben

Guest Redzula

Joined last week.

Last fall my dad and I bought a 1919 Oakland 34B mother-in-law coupe that had been sitting in a barn since the early 60's until we pulled it out last September

I have an unhealthy obsession with anything automotive but mainly older cars and hotrods (I know this isn't the forum for those though) I'm 29, married and have 2 little daughters (3,1) oldest Tenley is we'll on her way to being a car girl. she is always begging us to take the falcon whenever we leave the house It's her favorite car to ride in. and the youngest Lyra is being groomed to be one as well shh dont tell their mom about my plans lol.

The Oakland is hopefully going to be running and move able and then probably pass it on.

Other cars include

1962 Nash Metropolitan wife's baby. Currently getting clutch, brakes and suspension work should be back on the road this summer

1963 Ford Falcon 4 door original daily driver when it's not snowing

1936 Ford Pickup back burner until I finish some project per wife's orders

Family Cars

1966 Mustang brothers that I'm rebuilding

1967 Camaro convertible nice driver

1982 Monte Carlo SS clone

Greetings Redzula and Mansetmark. Welcome to this forum. Hope you feel free to participate with us.

I just want to point out that we are not exclusively about original or restored to original cars. Several folks here have modified cars and we love to see pictures of all the cars.

Mansetmark, I would like to suggest the 47 vs the 51. One thing to keep in mind is the potential upkeep on a Woody Wagon. I don't know if that might present any specific challenges to you or not. But besides this, the price differential between these two vehicles is probably huge, with the wagon trading for maybe 5 times the Sedan. If it were me, for the money the wagon would cost, I'd be less inclined to exercise the old gal.

Guest petespanel

Hello old internationals and always looking for parts is my thing. 1936 C 1 panel 1938 D 2 panel 1947 Kb panel 1969 impala convertible 1983 280zx turbo 1989 ford e350 cabriolet

Guest Blackpack

Hello,

My name is Jay and I just purchased my first Buick ever. A 1948 Super Convertible. I have been mostly a Thunderbird guy, but I have also restored a 1932 Harley Davidson, a 1960 Studebaker Convertible, a 1959 Thunderbird Convertible, a 1965 Thunderbird Special Landau, and last July, I purchased. 1940 Packard Coupe which I just traded for my Buick. I also currently have a 1964 Thunderbird Convertible

Guest smspaul

Hello, I'm Paul and have a couple of projects underway. Located here in the Seattle/Tacoma area.

Will be starting a post with some questions on which direction to go with these.

Here's a link to my photo album. http://forums.aaca.org/members/smspaul/albums/my-55-buick-projects/

~Paul

'55 Buick Super Model 56R 2-Door Riviera

'55 Buick Century Model 61 4-door Tourback Sedan

'55 Buick Special or Century rolling chassy w/322 nailhead (running)

Welcome aboard Paul. Man you're off to a great start here, introducing yourself and even loading up and linking to some pictures of your awesome finds. You've come to the right place for help with the 55's, there's 2-3 of the most knowledgeable 55 Buick tech guys you will ever find here. (and then there's a guy named Mikey..... who if you can catch him not eating pie or looking at Girls on Buick's, knows a thing or two at least)

Hope you will make this a regular pit stop for tech help as well as some good Buick gang camaraderie.

Joined a couple days ago or so now.

My name is Cort, & I'm in northeast IL, near Chicago.

Cort :)www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve

"Like a light in the dark" __ Dan Seals __ 'I Will Be There'

Welcome aboard Cort. Checked out your blog and resume. Very interesting!!! Thanks for sharing!! Hopefully you will visit often, I think you would have some interesting things to share. Now, how can we help you into a Buick? ;)

Guest boostedjetta

Hello, Richard here. Ill definitely be asking several questions here as I am new to Buick. I have owned several Camaros in the past but have been doing the import thing for about 12 years now. lol. Don't hate on me to badly. Ill be making another post and hopefully can figure out some of the issues I am having with help from the wonderful people on this forum......get the butt kissing out of the way early. haha.

Welcome aboard Cort. Checked out your blog and resume. Very interesting!!! Thanks for sharing!! Hopefully you will visit often, I think you would have some interesting things to share. Now, how can we help you into a Buick? ;)

Thank you, Lamar!

I will try to visit as often as I can, tho no guarantees or promises. ;)

As for getting into a Buick ... a nice 1970s model might be a good choice.... But, I need a job 1st.....

Cort :)www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve

"I could feel a sweet beginning" __ Vince Gill __ 'Cinderella'

I'll take up the challenge and go first. Hello All, I am John Adams , living in Huntsville, Alabama. Just sighed on today and sent my first post with a question. I am looking to drop out of the Harley Davidson community (2001 RoadKing w/ Trailer) and into the VIntage car community. I have looked at a couple of cars in the area and am going to south Alabama this weekend to look at a 40 Buick 4dr Touring Sedan. I guess by looking at the forums and old sales materiel, that is a "Super". However, I may be making the first of many bad assumptions by thinking it is a "Super". Ill certainly know when I see the data plate. Anyway, I hope to be here with ya'll ( thats a southern term :) ) for awhile and will ask many, many questions in the future. However, I do promise to search the forums for my answers before I commit "post-icide". If the car pans out... I will post pictures.

Welcome aboard John. Great that you are joining the vintage car community with hopefully a Buick!! If you have questions when you are looking at the car don't hesitate to ask. Look forward to having you aboard. Hopefully you have looked into joining the Buick Club of America

Hello all,

Been lurking on this site for many years and decided to join today...just bought a 1952 Buick Roadmaster 76R last month and getting around to doing some minor details before putting her on the road. I belonged to the Buicks.net web board for years under the same handle...but unfortunately there has been not a lot of activity over there as there was 5 years ago or so. I've been puttering around Buicks for a while now and this is my second '52 Roadmaster (but my first hardtop ever), and had a '51 Buick 72R up until last year. Looking forward to hearing from other straight eight Buick fans who are "in the trenches" with their projects as well.

Welcome Krinkov58. Sounds like a great car! How about starting a thread on the Me and my Buick portion of these forums. I'm sure the many straight 8 guys ( and V8 folks too) would love to see and hear more about your 52. Are you a Buick Club of America Member yet? The National meet is coming round sooner than later.

Guest Enginerd

Greetings All,

My name is Brent and I am new to this forum and to the BCA, but not to Buicks. Not sure why it has taken me so long to join the BCA and peruse these forums, other than the general chaos of life; I haven't had much to do on my '68 Skylark and less time to do it. For the past 11-years I've been active duty in a branch of the uniformed service of which I'd bet no one has heard, the NOAA Corps. I spent a good deal of that time bobbing around in the ocean making nautical charts. I recently resigned to spend more time with my family and my 1-year old son. Now I buy and sell real estate and free load off my wife; also in the process of joining the Navy Reserves.

My grandfather on my mom's side was always a Buick loyalist and owned several over the years (including an Opel or two), which is how my mom ended up with a 1968 Buick Skylark Custom convertible as her first car, no matter how much she wanted a Mustang. A mere 28-years later and that same '68 Skylark became my first car and I've had it for nearly 20-years now. It has had a little work done to it over the years; it's far from a concourse restoration, but is in pretty decent shape for a driver. I'll post the full story and more pictures in the Me and My Buick forum.

post-107396-143143049198_thumb.jpg

I recently purchased my brother's first car, a 1970 Opel GT, and have a little bit of work to do on it. Interior is in good shape, but the original orange paint is showing its age, there’s some rust, and I have a few gremlins to work out. For more details and to track my progress, or lack thereof, I'll probably be posting a thread in the Opel forum.

post-107396-143143049205_thumb.jpg

I also own a 1930 Ford Model A Briggs that my grandpa mostly restored prior to his passing. My dad and uncle helped get the finishing touches completed for my wedding a few years back.

post-107396-143143049216_thumb.jpg

I'm also helping my dad get his 1929 Indian Chief with 1927 sidecar running again. He bought it when he was just 8 at an estate sale. The original owner was more or less a hermit that used to ride it into the general store until the government required him to get a license; then he just parked it in a shed and rode his horse to the store instead. My dad had it running in the 60s, but it’s spent most of its time in a barn since then.

If I ever finish up the Opel, I have dreams (dreams, delusions...same thing right) of buying a Buick roadster or coupe with a rumble seat from around 1930 (plus or minus 5 years) to restore and enter the Great Race. I wouldn't mind owning a Reatta either; I figure it would make a good first car for my son, but my wife thinks I'm just using that as an excuse to buy it for myself...she knows me too well. She also pointed out that either of these will require more garage space, more money, and more time than I currently have; it's still nice to dream though.

I don't know how much I will have to contribute, but I look forward to leaning a lot from what seems to be a treasure trove of knowledge on all things Buick. I'll definitely have a ton of questions if I ever do buy that pre-war Buick.

Guest Tuxedo camino

I'm 52 years of age with a Family. A Industrial Technical Sales Manager at Private company. Owned my elco since 2006.

1972 El Camino

1994 Olds Regency recently sitting on my trailer

Columbus IN

Lakewood, NY

Guest Tuxedo camino

I'm 52 years of age and a family guy. I owned my Elcamino since 2006 Most of the maintenance process has been on the undercarriage. I work for a private Industrial Sales and Engineering company.

hello,

my name is Pascal, i'm French and i live in France .

i'm a new member so i don't know if i do the right thing to introduce me ...

i'm 43, married, and two childs .

i am a collector since 17 years old . But it's the first time i buy an 50's american car !... a 55 Buick Special Riviera :)

i'm very happy even if i have to wait for it ( our Buick is still in California but it will arrive during May in France i hope ! ...)

i will surely need your help to find some parts, informations, ... after :rolleyes:

well, i hope my english is not too bad !

bye,

Pascal

Welcome Brent, David, and Pascal. Always fun to meet new people here. To Pascal: Your English is fine, and much better then my French. Hope to see more pictures of your car when you get it. It looks terrific in the small Avatar photo you have. To Brent: A special THANKS, for your service to our Country, and welcome to the BCA as well as this Board. I hope you can find some time in June to come to the National Meet in Springfield MO. The 68 would be very happy there among it's kin. The 70 too, if you have it sorted out in time. To David: The Elky is a fun car to have. Useful too for picking up Buick parts when you get one of those. ;)

Guest Enginerd

Thanks for the welcome John. I'm hoping to drive the Skylark out to Springfield for Nationals, only a 12-hour trip from me.

hello,

my name is Pascal, i'm French and i live in France .

i'm a new member so i don't know if i do the right thing to introduce me ...

i'm 43, married, and two childs .

i am a collector since 17 years old . But it's the first time i buy an 50's american car !... a 55 Buick Special Riviera :)

i'm very happy even if i have to wait for it ( our Buick is still in California but it will arrive during May in France i hope ! ...)

i will surely need your help to find some parts, informations, ... after :rolleyes:

well, i hope my english is not too bad !

bye,

Pascal

Salut Pascal

Bienvenue a BCA forum

(Je ne pas parlais Francais)

I also saw your post of your car on Facebook

It is a beautiful Buick and blue !! Blue is the best color for Buick !!

edit: Your English is much better than my French !!:D