Please introduce yourself...

Hi, I'm Frank and new to this Forum today. I'm living in Stuttgart, Germany and I love american Cars since I wasm a child.

I'm Engineer in the Automotive Industry and worked for FORD of Europe, Mercedes Benz, and now again for an american Company, GENTEX Corporation.

I own a 1966 CHRYSLER 300 since 2001 and my newest project is a 1963 Buick Riviera.

That is the reason why I'm here. Always if I was googling for informations and tips for the Buick overhauling, I've ended in articles in this forum.

Therefore I decided to register, to read all I need and to place my questions here directly.

I guess, here is the best chance to get good answers from interested and well experienced people.

Thank you for this site.

Best Regards,

Frank

Well, here I am with my first Buick in over 30 years. My name is Jim and I live in Sussex County, NJ. I just picked up a 1964 Skylark and drove it home yesterday (more on that in the Me and My Buick forum). I've been a motor head all my life, but I haven't had an oldie in the stable for at least five years. With the exception of a 1962 Studebaker GT Hawk, all of my cars of the past (and there have been about 30 of them) were rust buckets, but I had them all running and driving perfectly. I'm looking forward to participating in what appear to be a group of very well-run forums.

P.S. There's nothing sinister about this Italian from NJ called Machine Gun. My nickname goes way back, and I got it because I'm a fast "rapid fire" talker.

Edited by Machine Gun (see edit history)

Ok Guys,

Hello and I'm a real newbie ! To Buicks and Forums. But I'm Proud 3rd Owner of a 1936 Roadmaster Phaeton 80C with 42,346 miles. These Forums have been Great Help to me learning about my new car and I still don't know much. I was looked long and hard for the just Right Buick but when I found Her I knew she was The One !

I really hope to get to know your all better and want to thank you all. Bud Ensor Clanton,Alabama

Welcome budensor, sounds like you have found a really nice car. Hope you will post some photos when you have a chance so we can all enjoy your find. I have found the Buick Forum members to be extremely helpful whenever I need advice on any issues with my Buick.

Guest buickkuhn

My name is Riley and me and my family have a 1941 buick special original as possible , last winter built my own tri power set for it and headers . The original would crack exhaust manifolds and car was not starting after warmed up . This fall I started taking the motor out because not starting when hot was still an issue , so low on compression I took the head off and got one babbitted rod out (that is bad) - so now my plans for winter is to rebuild the motor .

post-103843-143142783527_thumb.jpg

post-103843-143142783558_thumb.jpg

post-103843-143142783586_thumb.jpg

Guest bigdaddyslotrat

Hi all bigdaddyslotrat user name here and happy to join.

work at Stockton Wheel for 40 years now. And it's fun everyday!

user name came from when i owned a slotcar raceway and it just stuck with me.

anyhow thanks for letting me join your kool forum.!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there all,

I have a white 90 coupe & a black 90 convertible. Beautiful but cold here today so I took the droptop out"top up"for a color tour about a hundred miles. Now it will be asleep for a while.:(

Guest Maybelle

Newbie to this forum! Maybelle from TN with a 54 Roadmaster 72R factory A/C car currently under restoration. Can't wait to get her running and off to some Buick events!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LumpyOne

Another newbie to the forum but not new to cars. I may have a problem. I have owned many but sadly never hold on to them. Just picked up a 1973 Buick LeSabre 4 door with 67k on her. Will be needing some help piecing her together. Most of her is here but will need door panels and trunk pan. There is a lot of knowledge on here and am looking forward to getting this beauty back on the road.

Thanks Tim

Newbie to this forum! Maybelle from TN with a 54 Roadmaster 72R factory A/C car currently under restoration. Can't wait to get her running and off to some Buick events!

Whoooaaaaaa, Maybelle, how did I miss you. And I thought I had seen you around here before? I know Maybelle (Carol) from the 54 Buick Highway forum and folks this is one remarkable gal with a remarkable story to tell about her Roadmaster. And what a restoration it is!!!! Frame off with no nut or bolt untouched by a great shop in TN. Please Carol, when you have time post your story and the restoration in the Me and My Buick forum for us all to read. And WELCOME aboard!!!!

Hello. My name is Cal.

My first Buick is a 54 Special 2dr. ht. Owned since 86.

Also have a 91 Reatta vert and a 93 Riviera.

Others a 65 Chevy C20, 05 Harley Fat Boy, 81 BMW R100.

Past rides 66 Skylark GS 2dr. post, 66 Skylark 2dr. ht, 86 Regal, 91 Regal GS, 97 Lasaber. For got the 90 Reatta coupe

Took the 54 to nationals in Sacramento in 91, towing a tent trailer with the kids and then to Disneyland.

Started going to the Nationals again in 03 to Flint. Met up with the Reatta gang and had so much fun I needed more.

So off to Plaino in 04, Batavia 05, Rochester 06, Seattle 07, Flint 08, Colorado Springs 09, Ames 10.

Took 11, 12,13 off then to Portland 14. Lots of driving as I live on Vancouver Island on the west coast.

Got a few long distance awards along the way 04, 05, 06. Thats a hat trick where I come from. Then again in 10.

Have met a lot of interesting people, and seen a lot of nice rides.

Hope to make it to Springfield next years but can't say for sure right now.

BCA # 16234.

Reatta Div. # 622 I think. Lost my card.

Cal Dewhirst

P.S. How do I put more info in my posts ?

Like current cars and BCA #

Edited by 91vert (see edit history)

Wow, Cal, I was at some of the same Nationals, first one being Flint 03 then Plano the next year. I was bringing a new to me 54 Roadmaster (Gulf Turquoise and White) home from Kansas and we stopped by the Nationals in Plano but never took the car off the trailer. So did you drive the 54 to any of the other Nationals? I am also fond of the 90's Rivis.

WELCOME aboard!!!!

You can add the info you spoke of into your "signature" by going to the top of the page and clicking Setting. Then go to the left hand column and click Signature and add the info, including a picture (of the 54 he he). You can also edit Profile and add where (city/state) in the Custom User Title block. Private message me if you need anything else in getting set up.

Again welcome aboard. And hey, we'd also like to have you join us over on the 1954 Buick Highway at 1954Buick.com

MrEarl.

Other than the 91 Nationals the 54 was also brought to Sacramento in 88.

Back then it wasn't the 400 point judging system it was only Gold, Silver, and Bronze. I of each I believe.

I was parked between Gold and Bronze.

Sadly the 54 is sitting in the garage not being started in quite a few years, must be time to put some life back into it.

I remember in 88 on the way down going over the Grape Vine before LA.

They had jugs of water on the side of the highway incase you over heated and it was a VERY hot day.

There was numerous new vehicles pulled over waiting to cool down and the 54 with the family and towing the tent trailer we motored right past them.

A few days later in a gas station close to Disneyland a new F--d pulled in and said that he had seen me pass them on one of the hills while he was cooling down.

Little did he know that on the 54 there was 2 heaters 1 under the dash and another 1 under drivers seat for the rear passengers.

They were both on full blast, Man was it hot on there. Just enough to clear some of those passes.

One of the things that I did was replaced all the heater hoses before leaving. I bought a 50 foot box of hose and when I was done I think there was only like 10 feet left.

Cal.

Great story Cal, surprised the 54 didn't at least get vapor lock. Look forward to hearing more about ALL your Buick adventures. And yes, pull that 54 out of the garage, she has rested enough by now I would think. Be careful on that first crank up though, them little nailhead valves like to stick after sitting a while.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Hello, my name is Alex and I am an addict. I have been addicted to old cars since the age of 16 with a 37 Chevy. There have been a lot of old cars in my life. I would sell one and in no time I found myself dragging home another. At one point I broke free of the habit when I built a house, got married and had children. After 30 years of service with GM I retired to be a Mr. Mom. With the Kids in school I needed something to occupy my time. I fell of the wagon. I restored a 1946 Willys 2A, I hot-rodded a 1952 Plymouth and now at age 62, I am dancing around a 1932 Cadillac. Please Help

Hi Alex and welcome! I'm also a 1952 model. What you have is not an addiction, it's an incurable virus. But the symptoms are pleasant and you can expect to live well into your 90's.

Guest Tuxedo camino

Hi I'm Dave Grow up in WNY Sold Vehicles and restored a few also. Industrial Sales and Winter sports I enjoy. I own a 1972 Chevrolet El Camino custom trim.

Ask me about hard to find parts. I've got a lot of great connections to parts.

Hi My name is Jordan. I have a bunch of old & newer cars. Am in the process of acquiring a 1909 2 cylinder Oakland 20B Touring. Also have a 1925 Franklin 11A Sedan and a 1927 Gardner 1st Series 8B Imperial Sedan. Then the collection jumps in years to a 1962 Morris Mini that had its engine swapped out in John Cooper's shop in the 60's.

Hi my name is Eric and I live in Switzerland (so sorry for my poor English ;D).

I'm a proud owner of a '65 Rivi and it is a never ending project ;-)

I sucribed into this forum, 'cos I've seen that a lot of Riviera passionate are posting here... Currently I'm rebuilding the whole interior and I'm searching since months for the original upholstery from 1965 (Blue Cloth & Vinyl code 611). I hope to find someone who can help me to find these items! :-)

A lot of other nice parts could I get from OPGI, but they don't have the bolsters I'm looking for.

Thank you for any further information!

Best,

Eric

Hi I'm Dave Grow up in WNY Sold Vehicles and restored a few also. Industrial Sales and Winter sports I enjoy. I own a 1972 Chevrolet El Camino custom trim.

Ask me about hard to find parts. I've got a lot of great connections to parts.

Hi Dave

My name is Eric and I live in Bern in Switzerland (...and sorry, my English is really not that good! ;D).

I'm looking for a original upholstery for a '65 Riviera (blue Cloth & Vinyl code 611). You mentioned that you have a lot of good connections, so possibly you could know where to get these items...

I really would appreciate to here from you!

Have a merry new year and all the best!

Regards,

Eric

Edited by R-IC
insert quote (see edit history)

I sucribed into this forum, 'cos I've seen that a lot of Riviera passionate are posting here... Currently I'm rebuilding the whole interior and I'm searching since months for the original upholstery from 1965 (Blue Cloth & Vinyl code 611). I hope to find someone who can help me to find these items! :-)

A lot of other nice parts could I get from OPGI, but they don't have the bolsters I'm looking for.

Best,

Eric

Hello Eric,

Welcome to BCA forum

your English is not so bad. Better than my German, Italian, French or Romansch !!

For interior fabrics I would try;

SMS fabrics

Oregon USA

Best,

Eric

Eric,

Scroll down to the bottom of these Buick forums and find us on the Riviera Owners Association forum. We've got the answers to these questions and the ones you haven't thought of yet.

Ed

PS - Your best bet for upholstery is Clarks. www.corvair.com Yeah it's a Corvair site but once Calvin Clark became a Riviera owner he couldn't do anything but make the same quality stuff available to Riviera owners. Most Riv owners have found that, except for black, OPGI doesn't match colors well and they're over priced on everything else.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest WideLowdElectra

Hey there, my name is Jason, but everyone just calls me Dunn. I've got a 67 Buick Electra 225 and its a street rod for sure. I do love a big 4dr car and wagons more than anything lol.

Guest jackinvicta

Hi, I am Sherman from Salem, Or. My wife Joanie joined and I follow her leads, sometimes. Nice to be here. We have a 1959 Buick Invicta, one original owner, my dad, Jack Knibbe. The Buick was parked in 1998 and garaged. We have a personal website link on our profile, please see and enjoy our pic's. Thanks everyone!

Guest Bob999

My name is Bob, I'm from the NYC area, but currently live in Raleigh, NC. I love old Buicks in particular and old General Motors' cars in general.

Hi, I am Sherman from Salem, Or. My wife Joanie joined and I follow her leads, sometimes. Nice to be here. We have a 1959 Buick Invicta, one original owner, my dad, Jack Knibbe. The Buick was parked in 1998 and garaged. We have a personal website link on our profile, please see and enjoy our pic's. Thanks everyone!

A very nice car. Worth the BCA if you not already a member http://www.buickclub.org/

http://www.chooseyouritem.com/classics/files/19982000/photos-19982497.html

Guest Bob999

My name is Bob, I'm from the NYC area, but currently live in Raleigh, NC. I love old Buicks in particular and old General Motors' cars in general.

Guest Bob999
Greetings Bob. Where in the NYC area? My roots are White Plains, NY

I grew up on Long Island and I lived in Queens before moving to Raleigh

Hey Mike,

I think Lamar almost looks like a Greek Fisherman, what do you think?

I would hope that the just joined segment of this forum realize I am just messing around with Lamar.

Hello Mike and others,

I´m Michael Bengtsson from Sweden, not sure I introdused myself when joining the AACA so I´ll do it now. As you guys I´m kind of a car-freak, love be in the garage doing my cars. Problem is there´s to many to take care of, 5 at the moment, and to less time.

Looking for parts for a 56 Buick Super 4 door ht, parts for 46 Lincoln Continental Coupe V12 and a 1980 STuTZ IV Porte so if any of you guys have any parts, please let me know.

my very best to you all:)

Michael

Jeeeze Michael, where did you dig that up from...I haven't been called a Greek fisherman for years.....some things just never seem to die.

Michael, we've corresponded already but I'll make this the official welcome aboard post. WELCOME ABOARD!!!! As we have discussed, I may can help you with some '56 parts but fresh out of Lincoln parts. And no help with the Stutz either since I lost mine to Kenny Rogers in a singing contest in Vegas back in '82. What color is your Stutz by the way.

post-31987-143142921961_thumb.jpg

Now I do have a bridge up in Brooklyn New York I might consider selling.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)