Hershey has started

novaman

Hershey time has arrived once again. Wet weather, just a light mist this morning.

I do know that a number of vendors in the red, green and orange fields are upset with the way they let us in this morning. Herco security came by and said they'd be letting us in about 7:30. about that time those of us that had been lined up for a over an hour or more in the right lane watch a line of vehicles come up the left lane. As the right lane moves so did the other lane. Herco was letting a few out of each lane exit on to 39 at a time instead of "dumping" the lane that was there first. It took over an hour for those at the end of the orginal lane just to get off boathouse rd.This was the worst time getting in since the green & orange fields opened.

Setting up I ended up getting stung by a NC wasp. It apparently had a little nest in the awning.

Hopefully this week gets better.

It has been interesting watching the carnival roll into town. The pedestrian snow fencing went up a few weeks ago, tent and toilet placements were in full swing on Monday and early Monday AM there were already (as ususal) antique vehicles sitting in the Hershey Lodge parking lot. Saw a few of the tractor trailer car carriers late yesterday afternoon.

On the way into work this morning I saw the long waiting line you referenced and thought to myself something doesn't look right. It looks like I won't be able to make Hershey this year at all but at least I can see the carnival on a daily basis. Ghost town by Monday.

found out that due to the rain, Hershey region members had to made new space markers for in the orange field which delyed those folks getting into that field. Understand a member was up in the wee hours of the morning making the marker labels. A special thanks to that member as I know what it is like to have to fix the problems ofa national event. Sentimental tour in 2008 in NC left me with something like 4-6 hours of sleep in 6 days.

They just called us a bunch of old car nuts on TV and Steve M. was on there.

Due to the swap meets incoming traffic many of my coworkers are arriving late to work today. Quite the back up this morning. I love it!

TV coverage has been good. They interviewed a local at a dinner regarding the many out of towner's in Hershey this week and he said that the women even know what antique parts fit what cars.

Had to shoot over to the big school on the hill that overlooks the meet at 11 for a meeting and had no problems. Actually traffic wasn't to bad today except for this morning anywhere I went around Hershey.

The parking lot car counts aren't even close to where they are typically at? From driving through on Hersheypark Drive it seemed that there were a lot less people than ususal walking around. Maybe it is the weather and everybody is waiting for tomorrow?

I heard something on the news this week that Hershey is closing the factory or part of the factory? I thought it was interesting that they choose this week to announce it.

Dave,

That is old news. Hershey Company announced about 2 weeks ago, maybe longer, that they are closing the "old plant" and will be relocating it to a "new", more efficient plant to be constructed a short distance away.

Back to the thread's intent...Had a super time not to mention the great weather as others have echoed.

Besides the enormous amount of fellow hobbyist attending I was very pleased with the amount of "new" members that joined, or, discussions with recent members on how the greatest club in the world operates.

What a great time!!

Peter J.