1937 HORCH what's it worth?

Guest Ron B.

I haven't a clue. But... a 1936 Horch 853 Cabriolet just went for $388,800.00 at the Branson Auction (it probably had both tail lights:D).

Branson Collector Car Auction

<table style="width: 245px; height: 24px;" class="views-table cols-221"><tbody><tr class="odd"> <td class="views-field views-field-field-car-make-value active">

</td> <td class="views-field views-field-field-car-model-value">

</td> <td class="views-field views-field-field-sale-price-value">

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Edited by JD in KC
clarity (see edit history)

Between the Branson unrestored car and another unrestored 853 cabriolet that sold for $300,000 in 2006, the value doesn't seem to be going down. It seems that all of a sudden unrestored Horch 853 cabriolets are coming out of the woodwork. Your car seems to be in as good if not better condition than the other two.

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

I haven't a clue. But... a 1936 Horch 853 Cabriolet just went for $388,800.00 at the Branson Auction (it probably had both tail lights:D).

Branson Collector Car Auction

<table style="width: 245px; height: 24px;" class="views-table cols-221"><tbody><tr class="odd"> <td class="views-field views-field-field-car-make-value active">

</td> <td class="views-field views-field-field-car-model-value">

</td> <td class="views-field views-field-field-sale-price-value">

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Thanks JD

Ron B.Curious about your putting this back to the top. Seeing you posted a question about the cars value on the Buy-and-Sell Forum, and now btt, does that mean you are looking to sell the car?

I think there may be a limited number of colectors interested in this car, but it is rare. If you want to sell the car, I would say put "For Sale" in the neader as the forum directions say.

John

Ron,

I can't tell if there is paint on the car or it's in primer? If there is still paint on the car, it is complete & running then it may be worth as much as 300k. There are at least 6 of these for sale in Europe right now where they have a stronger following and prices can be higher depending on the condition. A really sharp one (translation: just completed a 400k restoration) could be as much as $500,000. The problem is at that point you start to get into Mercedes 500k/540k territory and although stylistically the cars are similar and the build quality is similar the drive-trains are not.

Not running and in primer the price is much less then what I said above. A full restoration on this car by a professional reputable shop would be at least 400k.

The tail lights are available as reproductions in Germany, as well as head lights and fender lights (both which appear to be incorrect on this car). The lights are unique to these cars-even the headlights lenses have the Horch lettering and insignia in them! We restored our 853A several years ago. It is a big, heavy, complicated chassis!

Guest Ron B.

Can you get me the cost of a set of 37 Horch tail lights and headlights and fender lights from Germany and who sells them? Thanks Ron B.

• 1 month later...

Ron,

Is this the same car that was at Arnie Goffs in Westboro MA in the early 80"s??

I found a copy of the service manual in German for him. When I saw it it looked like

it was in good orig cond, I think it was there for engine work????

JB

Ron,

I found a copy of the service manual in German for him. When I saw it it looked like

JB

Hopefully Ron put a watch on this thread. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was at Arnie's as it's the only one I know of in central Mass.

Ron,

JB

I am not sure but the owner bought it when he was 18 and he is now 82. Ron.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...