1960 Electra 2 door HT $300

Guest BJM

This car is still for sale. Located in Caldwell Texas. I posted on it about 6 weeks ago and received interest and commitment from a fellow in California. The transporter for the buyer showed up on Friday and because the car was in it's spot for so long, they could not get it out and the trasnporter eventually left.

The car has been extracted now and the seller has decided to haul it to be crushed. This is a complete, one owner, straight full-on project 1960 Electra 2 door hardtop "bubbletop" model - rare and desirable flagship car with PS, PB and roll up windows, no electric seat or windows so it was a base model. Not sure about A/C but this car is ready to be crushed.

They will load it up the next day or two if no one is interested. I have no issue buying it but have been ripped off by transporters so I am probably not going to get involved. I have lost a lot of money to transporters who will not pick my cars up, kinda burned out on it.

So this would be for a local Texas BCA member who wants a pretty cool project car. It's in Caldwell Texas which I understand is east of San Antonio.

No pictures. The seller is so frustrated she is ready to crush. I doubt if I could convince her to restart the process. Only $300. If it's in Iowa it's on my property yesterday but transport is the issue.

Contact me for contact info for her. Sweet very nice lady.

OK BCA People: I sent a man out to pick this thing up last week. As the story goes, it was REALLY stuck in the mud and one rim was missing. My guy couldn't pull it out with his 06 Dodge 4X4 diesel....only thing left to do was for him to go home which was about 150 miles.

What was I supposed to do? I think it will not bring much across the scales unless it is prepped and that is more work. I suggested to the owner that it be re-posted on Craig's List with better pictures and it be rolling.

O R

I will have the $300. waiting for the seller if it is delivered, rolling, to San Antonio. And yes, I would love to have it! Mitch

I want to make it clear that Mitch is not to blame here and I believe the story about the car. Hey, the car sat for years in mid Texas rural soil/clay etc and they get stuck. I have cars that sink on the north side of my Iowa garage.

I'm just trying to find it a home.

I agree it should be re-posted but the owner is just frustrated. They aren't old car people necessarily.

Don't expect many BCA members to go flocking to Caldwell, Texas, pay the seller $300, spend the day jacking up and digging out and winching this car onto a trailer, haul it to San Antonio, and then sell it to "Irlforfun" for $300. Yeah, I'm going to jump on that right away, before the line forms.

Pete Phillips

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)

OK Pete: I'm wondering how you would feel if you sent your friend on a 300 mile wild goose chase. Fortunately he is my friend and was most understanding and supportive (we also worked things out). The owner thinks I'm a rat who's word is no good. Apparently your opinion of me isn't much better than the owner's. Mitch

Guest matthimself456

I talked to the owner. My offer was to overnight them the money and have a rollback pick it up within days. They said they aren't selling. They wouldn't even let me pay full price just to have someone take the doors off and send them to me. I got the impression they just don't want to be bothered.