1926 Buick paddy wagon for sale in Colo.

Pete Phillips

I recently visited the garage of a BCA member southeast of Denver in the Parker area, and took this photo of his home-made 1926 Buick Standard series paddy wagon. It has the correct 6-cylinder engine which has been rebuilt, but he has never hooked it up and gotten it running. Headlights are not from a 1920s Buick. He would like to sell this. It has new tires and I don't think it has ever been on the road since he built it. I can find out the price if anyone is interested. It's not mine and I have no stake in this, but it is something different!

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, TX

post-32059-143138301962_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138301962_thumb.jpg

Cool...let's see...I want a Buick truck, there's room for the troublemakers in the back, and I have some remains of a 26-20...with at minimum head lights.

Hmmm....

Pete, if it isn't too much trouble, could you please get the price? I could then at least dream and check with the Finance Department. Another question is how tall is it? The depot hack that was available at the National in Colorado had a trailer specially made because of the height...I'd need to be able to fit this into my enclosed hauler if I were to purchase. Thanks.

Derek, that would look good at the corner of Portage and Moray, painted Wpg Police Service colours. Maybe a decoy to make the WPS think the situation is covered and send them to another 'trouble spot... like the all charities picnic at the park.... ( most may miss the sarcasm... its a local thing that Derek and the winnipeg car guys will get.)

Edited by ewing (see edit history)

This paddy wagon was built from a Standard series car, a model 20 I think is what I read on the data plate, which is a 2-dr. sedan. In contacting the owner today, he says it is 80 inches tall at the rear, which is its tallest point. Deflating the tires would lower it by a couple of inches. He is asking $6000 for it, but may take less. Engine is spotlessly clean and looks brand new, since it has never been run after the rebuild. Has new babbited bearings, rings, etc., but the owner's age and health are not allowing him to continue working on it. Looked to me like it just needed the throttle hooked up, fuel line hooked up, and a battery, but I didn't crawl underneath.

Pete Phillips