1938 Buick Special

Guest captbrian38

Guest captbrian38

for sale '38 Buick Special, Irene hit me hard, lost my 2004 marauder to flooding and the buick is drying out now. New clutch and water pump. New brake shoes, wheel cylinders and a rebuilt master cylinder. Registered and on the road with a good NC title. About 400 miles on the car since engine rebuild. Needs TLC including some glass,a fix on the drivers rear fender after a sideswipe and an interior but you have to hunt for nothing. Driven to club functions local parades and cruise ins. Car located in the New Bern, NC. area. Receipts for all work and parts. $4000, the engine and parts alone are worth the price. Will deliver up to 300 miles for the price of the trip Brian 917 699-0409

post-51293-143138395335_thumb.jpg

post-51293-143138395337_thumb.jpg

post-51293-143138395338_thumb.jpg

post-51293-14313839534_thumb.jpg

post-51293-143138395342_thumb.jpg

post-51293-143138395344_thumb.jpg

post-51293-143138395345_thumb.jpg

post-51293-143138395347_thumb.jpg

post-51293-143138395349_thumb.jpg

post-51293-143138395351_thumb.jpg

Edited by captbrian38
price reduction (see edit history)

Guest captbrian38

I reduced the price but as far as adding anything new I don't have something right at this moment. Not to step on any toes here but what business is it of yours that I move the ad to the top so as to be able to try to sell the vehicle by getting some additional exposure. If it's against protocol maybe someone in authority will notify me as to what I was doing wrong.

captbrian38

Hi,

I apologize if I offended you, I had no idea ttt meant to the top. The car seems to be reasonably priced and I wish you luck selling it. Just thought it would be nice if your new posts said still available or something so that those of us that aren't computer literate could understand the post. Once again I apologize as I've learned something new.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest captbrian38

thanks Grant, I realize that the market right now is difficult at best but it is a good car with the mechanicals in working order and I can't lower it to more than $8000. I have a '41 Plymouth Business coupe that's a weekly driver, shows and cruiseins and the like and I want to put the proceeds into that car. Neither car costs anything to keep so I can sit on the Buick and use it as is for a while.

Brian (captbrian38

37-44, Matt had just explained what ttt meant so I don't buy your explanation but I will accept the apology.

Edited by captbrian38 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest captbrian38

thanks for the imput Dave I will do that. seems everytime I think of it something else comes up and well you know how that goes.

Brian

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, when he reduced the price, he edited it in the original post. If you read the later, unedited post, it may appear that way, but the current price is the lower one in the orginal post.

Guest cardinal905

He is only a couple G's from what I paid for my 38, mine needs a ton of work and aint as pretty. Price looks fair and I wish it was close to me.

Can't believe this car hasn't sold. $7,600.00...The engine rebuild, parts rebuilds, replacements and repairs probably comes close to that. Brian, is that a repaint or original paint. When you take it out next time why not take some interior and trunk shots. I love looking at original condition cars such as this. Any chance of your bringing it to Charlotte? :)

Guest captbrian38

Hey Lamar, it's a repaint the paint code is 519 sort of a light blue, I knew the name but it slips my mind right now(Botticelli Blue I think). When I had the engine out for the rebuild I detailed the engine compartment and the old blue was so bad with dirt and fading it was easier to paint black to match the car. I've always thought it was a fair price for what I've had done but the market is hard right now. It needs a few bucks to bring it up to snuff but a driveable, registered and titled '38, well I think it's fair and I'm not going to give it away. It can sit in the garage and I'll use it for parades and local AACA shows with my local chapter till the cows come home. I was just hoping to take the proceeds and drop it into my '41 Plymouth Business Coupe, P11 which is my weekly driver. I show it as HPOF and have done pretty well with it but I would like to upgrade it with paint and an interior for my own edification. Anyway I have 13 grandchildren, 6 of whom are boys and one of them will want and or use it down the road. 2 I know for sure won't sell it for junk. If I get rid of the Buick they can all fight over the coupe after I'm gone.

captbrian38

Brian AACA#360048

BCA 44421

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Noodles56

The car looks very clean and the price is right! I wish you were closer to California so I could come see it in person. I'm sick of my rust bucket I keep dumping money into and ready for an almost done car like this!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...