1929 Model A "Woody" Station Wagon

Guest Torr324

Guest Torr324

Hey all I'm just trying to gather information and/or interest in my Model A Woody Station Wagon. Ford has officially recognized it as the very first "Woody Wagon" made. Of the 1,715,000 Ford Model A's produced in 1929, only 4,954 were Station Wagons. I know this is a rare model and am looking to post it for sale in the near future but I was hoping to gain some feedback by posting here.

I have put a picture of it as my default and I have more pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them contact me.

Thank You

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. The Model A Forum here is not terribly active. You will get some feedback here, but there are a couple of more active Model A sites that might get you more exposure. Fordbarn.com would be one good one to also post on.

I don't know much about Woody Wagons. Do I understand that you are saying that this car is the very first style Woody produced, or that this particular car is the first individual Woody Model A produced? If the individual first, I would be curious about the car's serial number.

I also do not understand what you mean by, "I have put a picture of it as my default".

You may want to post a photo here in this discussion.

Guest Torr324

This new body style for 1929 was the very first mass-produced Station Wagon ever offered to the public, and the Model A Woody was officially recognized as the very first "Woody Wagon" made, not my particular car. Though it is one of 4,954 others many of which are no longer in running condition due to the wood construction of these cars.

thank you for your suggestions

post-70075-143138298986_thumb.jpg

post-70075-14313829899_thumb.jpg

post-70075-143138298992_thumb.jpg

OK, Where are you located? There may be someone nearby who might be able to give you some advice about value, if that is what you are looking for. Prices tend to be quite wide ranging. The value depends a lot on the condition. A lot of Woody Wagon's have had reproduction wood bodies fitted to them over the years. If it is an original unrestored car, the value might be a bit different from an older restoration. If it has been restored, the quality of restoration can vary quite a bit also.

If you simply are trying to figure out what you can sell it for, you can ebay it, or you could have it appraised by a competent appraiser and then decide what you want to do with it after you have a better idea of its value from the appraisal.

Guest Torr324

I live in CT, The Wagon is in beautiful condition, showing an expertly done older restoration, and is in perfect running and driving order. Stunning Maple and Birch body is wonderful condition, and still retains it's original Murray Body Co. tag. This was the Detroit based company contracted to build the wood bodies for Ford's new station wagon. Nicely painted tan cowl and hood, with black fenders and red Model A wire wheels mounted to correct, reproduction 'A bias tires.

I should try to look up some appraisers in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

;)No disrespect intended nor implied here. You want people to perceive this car as a professional restoration . While the tires on the car may be bias ply as the originals, they are the lowest priced budget tire available for the Model A Ford. Invest in a set of Firestones or Goodyear Diamond Treads as were original equipment on these Fords. Some may question the quality of a professional restoration if they see that a major detail like tires was not addressed properly. Best of luck with your sale

I concur as to the details and would mention that unless you have the history from when this car was originally purchased, it may not have been a factory built car. The tag you have is reproduced, as is the body, etc. Having the wrong headlights, bumpers, etc. makes it suspect for a home build.

Nice looking car and I agree that it should still be in the 15k range. National show winners that are proven originals have sold in the last 2 years for around 30k, but with a soft economy, don't know if that is possible today.