We're still alive in Central Florida

Dynaflash8

There was a great show again at the Nazarene Church in Lakeland on Labor Day. This has become a big annual event. The ORANGE BLOSSOM REGION of AACA, whose home is in Lakeland and surrounding area had a big turnout of their members on hand. This young and growing club has really started a spark here in Central Florida.

We put on a National Winter AACA Meet in 2009 when we were but two years old and we're up for a repeat performance in 2013. Between Orange Blossom Region and the Florida Region in Orlando who are putting on the 2011 Founders Tour, there are AACA people here in central Florida trying to stoke the fires of the hobby here as only AACA can do it.

If you live in Central or South Central Florida, have and enjoy an old car and keep looking for places to enjoy it, come on in. We'd love to have your friendship. And oh by the way, on April 2 we of the ORANGE BLOSSOM REGION AACA are going to have our very first Annual judging show in Haines City at the most fabulous lakefront park I've ever seen, and boy have I been around in this hobby for the last 48 years. Mark it on your calander, because if you live within 100 miles of Lakeland you're likely to get an invitation in the mail before this coming winter is over. Ya'll come now, ya hear!!!!

Dynaflash8,

Sounds like the enthuisatic, involved, organizer for AACA that we knew in Virginia. (Earl Beauchamp) Remember Florida plays with cars 12 months a year. Too bad it's a seasonal hobby in most parts of the country. Yesterday our local group in St Petersburg/Clearwater had a 32 car Labor Day Breakfast Tour with over 75% of the participants in pre WWII cars. (1919-1937)

We like the younger cars too, but older cars up front gives a big advantage on

parking and getting served in the resturant to the older cars! I drove a 1935 and considerd my meal to be brunch.

Paul Dobbin

Both events sound like they were fun. Did everyone survive the heat / humidity? It seemed extremely hot this weekend. I went to OldTown in Kissimmee this weekend with my wife and grandson. Rain before the cruise lead to an extremely humid evening.

Earl, I'm looking forward to your 2013 National again. I really enjoyed the one your group hosted in 2009. I'll keep an eye out for your April event also.

Looking forward to Lake Mirror Show in Lakeland next month. Our club is co-hosting a "Mustang Show within a Show" again this year.

Paul, I'll have to stop by one of your event soon. Sounds like you guys have a good time. Too bad the Gulfport Show went away, but it sounds like you've found some great activities to replace it with.

See you both soon.

Well not exactly 12 months, we are now in that time of year when everything gets done before 90.

I have a serious fan made out of the air handler from a central a/c system but even so you really do not want to be out there in midday.

That said I am noticing a slight cooling trend so maybe winter is nearly over.

Octoberfest on 2nd October in Ocala is the next major event I know of.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)