51 Windsor Deluxe 300 Limousine

Guest 51Patty400

Guest 51Patty400

I recently aquired this car and its in great shape and a lot of fun.

I do need passenger side front window glass.

Can anyone provide me a source?

Thanks.

- Mark

All the glass is flat in that car except the back window. Any glass shop should be able to cut a replacement.

Is it really a limo or just look like one? The standard sedan had enough room inside for 6 basketball players wearing cowboy hats. The limo was even bigger with a 139" wheelbase and jump seats in the back.

"The front window has a slight curve to the glass."

This puzzles me. So far as I know the first car ever in the world to have curved side glass is the 1957 Chrysler Imperial. So the front passenger window, and all the other windows, should be flat.

If you mean the windshield it should still be flat. Your picture shows the typical split windshield with chrome divider bar made of flat glass. I had a 52 Chrysler New Yorker with flat glass and at present, I have in my garage a 51 DeSoto coupe with the same body as a Chrysler, and it has flat glass.

I even went out to the garage and checked it with a ruler. It's flat.

So first of all do you mean the front passenger window or windshield? And what makes you think it is curved?

Guest 51Patty400

The hemi is gone, replaced with a 350 small block chevy. Disc brake converion and a 2nd air system added. The passenger side window does indeed have a slight inward curve to it of .25" at the center. If it s supposed to be flat glass then all the better.

I've been trying to find anything on this car. The sellor made up all kinds of stories, none of which I believed or turned out to be true.

The car is in fantastic shape for its age. Garaged for most of its life helped I guess.

If anyone has info i'd love to hear it.

- Mark