My 55 Special build thread

jonahboo

the family who spray's together.......

I got the '55 Epoxy Primered (still have body work to do) - wanted to coat the bare metal before winter )to avoid surface flash rust)

I listen to my iPod on shuffle when I work (about 18k songs in it) and just as i finished spraying, what came on?

I kid you not, Tom Waits "Ol' 55" - i said to Jonah listen to this ,,,,, he was as surprized as I was - It has been the car's theme song since we got it.......this is a good sign!

9.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

Mine was in good shape as well. The body was excellent with only the usual rust in the rear dog leg in front of the rear wheels. The paint was rubbish though so I had to take it back to metal like yours.

As with yours the original hoodlining is excellent with only one small mark....it'll be staying. the interior will get new carpet and some paint, the rest will stay untouched for the time being as it's in nice shape...............I suspect that plastic covers on the seats for years helped preserve them.

Interesting to see how many 55's seem to be featuring here in various stages of restoration......... go 55's :D:D

Re: roof...

OUCH!!!

Your car will look cool with the dogdish hubcaps you found. Think about Cherokee red wheels, that'd be really sharp, IMHO!

yep Dog Dishes are on the way as are trim rings

right now my plans are Red body , Gray Lower and roof

gray wheels (all non-metallic --- but plans can change)

as far as the roof goes I spent a day "massaging" so it is a lot closer