F/S 1940s White 5 speed truck trans.put in Duesys in 1950s by Jim Hoe

Dear Friends: Several years ago,I bought the Dee Howard of Texas collection of Duesenberg cars and engines and lots of parts. I have sold all of my Duesy cars,engines and parts as of a year ago. One of the items I got with the J-187 rolling chassis was the Jim Hoe late 1940s White 5 speed truck transmission,he installed in J-187 when he raced the shortened chassis in the 1950s. He installed several of these for his Duesenberg customers. In fact he typed a 3 page instruction manual on what model of trans and parts to use,and how to install. That White truck trans is exactly the same length as a factory Warner T-72 Duesy trans.I have that 3 page document ,and will be happy to email it to anyone interested in it. I sold the Jim Hoe trans several years ago,and it is being installed in a Duesenberg currently being restored. HOWEVER,in my searches I have just purchased ANOTHER White truck trans like the Jim Hoe trans. It is currently being removed for me from the 1940s White semi. I am getting the transmission,bellhousing,clutch,pressure plate,flywheel,etc. I will have it with me at Hershey from Tues to Thurs. that week.It is being delivered to me then. I have no photos of it at this time,but do have photos of the original Jim Hoe White trans. for your reference purposes,which I can also provide by email. The trans. is obviously used but usable. Condition unknown at this time,but it shifts freely. These 5 speeds are almost impossible to find,and are tougher than the original 3 speed Warner. The price for all the above is $2,800. It beats $35,000 for an original if you can even find one! This is a great backup trans. for your original. Please share this with Auburn Duesy attendees.Serious inquiries only please. George Albright,Ocala,Fla. cell 352 843 1624 email gnalbright@gmail.com

Edited by George Albright (see edit history)